Sergio Leone

Started by Spike, July 22, 2003, 07:55:44 AM

Alethia

grand theft sparrow

Huge fucking boner!

Cinsey, where are you? There's all sorts of sex talk going on.

cine

Quote from: hacksparrowCinsey, where are you? There's all sorts of sex talk going on.
I'm playing Bump-it with myself.

tpfkabi

is there a way to read that tiny writing?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

Quote from: bigideasis there a way to read that tiny writing?
Get a really good magnifying glass.

tpfkabi

Quote from: wantautopia?
Quote from: bigideasis there a way to read that tiny writing?
Get a really good magnifying glass.

i must have a little 'shine,' because i knew someone would do that!
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Quote from: SHAFTR
yay.
I want to point out how under rated For a Few Dollars More is.
underrated by whom?  i think its pretty generally regarded as better than the first but not as good as the third.  am i wrong?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: themodernage02
yay.
I want to point out how under rated For a Few Dollars More is.
underrated by whom?  i think its pretty generally regarded as better than the first but not as good as the third.  am i wrong?

Not wrong but, in light of GBU, all of Leone's other films tend to be underappreciated.

MacGuffin

Quote from: hacksparrowNot wrong but, in light of GBU, all of Leone's other films tend to be underappreciated.

Not "Once Upon A Time In The West".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: hacksparrowNot wrong but, in light of GBU, all of Leone's other films tend to be underappreciated.

Not "Once Upon A Time In The West".

well, in public opinion, I would say it is.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Stefen

It's overrated by xixax. But underrated by schoolhouse shirley types. Most movies are the same way when you break it down in two sides.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SHAFTR

Quote from: StefenIt's overrated by xixax. But underrated by schoolhouse shirley types. Most movies are the same way when you break it down in two sides.

no, it's not overrated here.

You are overrated in both worlds.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: StefenIt's overrated by xixax. But underrated by schoolhouse shirley types. Most movies are the same way when you break it down in two sides.

no, it's not overrated here.

Yeah, I would say that it's appropriately rated on xixax and AMC but still underrated everywhere else.  People have only recently "discovered" the Once Upon a Time movies.  

So what I'm trying to say is... The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is the only Leone film that assholes like.

Alethia

SHAFTR

Quote from: ewardit's his best.

I think the point though is that is a matter of opinion, not fact (as some would assume).

His Dollars Trilogy and Once Upon a Times are all great films.  Five films good enough to stand up to five films of any other director.