ossscar: Oscar Night

Started by ©brad, March 22, 2003, 10:42:14 AM

©brad

it made me happy too . I just wish eminem was there to perform.

MacGuffin

Julianne Moore, nominated for both actress and supporting actress honors, epitomizes Hollywood glamour in a vivid green Yves St. Laurent gown.

"Chicago's" John C. Reilly is nominated for best actor in a supporting role.

Actor Andy Serkis from "The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers" makes his political position clear.

You're The Man Now, Dog!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Roman Polanski who of course couldn't be there on Sunday night to accept the Best Director award for "The Pianist", has now issued a statement: "I am deeply moved to be rewarded for the work which relates to the events so close to my own life, the events that led me to comprehend that art can transform pain. I believe this still holds true today. My most heartfelt thanks to the members of the Academy for this wonderful award".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spirited Away Rerelease in Theaters on Friday!

Spirited Away, the 2003 Academy Award winning animated feature from acclaimed Japanese filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki, is set to open in theaters across the country on Friday March 28, it was announced today by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. The film, which claimed top honors in its category at the Sunday night Oscar ceremonies, was one of the most critically acclaimed films of 2002 and was selected by many leading journalists as one of their "top ten" films of last year. Spirited Away has previously received the Annie Award (from ASIFA-Hollywood), the Golden Bear Award (from the Berlin Film Festival), and was honored as the year's best animated film by the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, the Broadcast Film Critics Association, and National Board of Review.

Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, "We're thrilled that the Academy has chosen to honor 'Spirited Away' for its incredible achievement in storytelling and artistry and we're proud to be associated with legendary filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki in bringing his masterpiece to moviegoers across the country. The film is far and away the most successful film to ever play in Japan and it has always been our desire to share this film with the widest possible audience here in the U.S. With this important Oscar recognition, the film will have the additional awareness and appeal needed to find a welcome reception. All of us at Disney are extremely proud to have had three of this year's nominees in the Best Animated Feature category and to have played a part in bringing the award-winning 'Spirited Away' to moviegoers."

Spirited Away follows the fanciful adventures of a ten-year-old girl named Chihiro, who discovers a secret world when she and her family get lost and venture through a hillside tunnel. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, Chihiro must fend for herself as she encounters strange spirits, assorted creatures and a grumpy sorceress who seeks to prevent her from returning to the human world.

Hayao Miyazaki's The Princess Mononoke broke the all-time box office record in Japan in less than four months (previously established by "E.T." in 1982).

Check your local listings for theaters participating in this rerelease! The movie will hit DVD & Video on April 15.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Markyboy

Was it just me or did you guys get an extra big laugh and think of the boards when this was came up?

CLEARLY under the influence

can't remember who was using that avatar
A shiny, gold, tall, inexpensive prick.

fulty

Yes, that was funny.
I think it belongs to the Satchenator.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.