pdl scriptbook

Started by tpfkabi, March 07, 2003, 09:15:42 PM

tpfkabi

i final saw the soft back edition of the PDL script. no pictures? nothing, BUT the script. i had read about the different pages, but i was hoping they would have the actual stuff that was replaced.

anywho, does the hardback have any extra things in it?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pedro

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasi had read about the different pages, but i was hoping they would have the actual stuff that was replaced.

In both the softcover and the hardcover, it is the shooting draft of the script. The different colored pages show the different rewrites done.

Also, as pointed out by budgie, at Amazon.co.uk, there is another version of the script but released by Faber and Faber (NewMarket Press released the widely known one). Anyone know the difference?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

av8raaron

While we're on that, anybody know of any plans to add more companion material in the future (more like the Magnolia script)?
Fresh buttered toast.

KingBlackDeath

I definitely wished it had the "pages 87 through 101 ending" from the point in the script where it said and replaced 87-101 with 86-90 is where my only complaint in the film occured which is that the ending is wrapped up way too quickly, the rest of the movie is very deliberate and slow and 14 pages worth of stuff is wrapped up really in 3 pages.
AND the Adaptation script book is awful because it is word for word with the movie and it took them a year to edit and they said it wholelotta changed from the one they went into it with (just like 70% of movies that get made) I buy scripts to see how the writer writes not to have a book version of the film. It's like the Batman: the movie comic, then.
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

BrainSushi

The Adaptation shooting script sucks? They should publish the '99 version of the script. I don't know how I'd compare it to the movie, because it's pretty different. Lot more character development (Laroche and Orlean) and the Skunk Ape  :-D

tpfkabi

this sucks. i ordered it from one store because i couldn't find it anywhere. then half a week later i found it in another store. decided i wouldn't buy it and would just pop in every once in a while and read through it. then someone had to go and buy it! actually i'm kinda happy that someone around here bought, but not too.

========
yes, the film does end rather abruptly. i would interesting to see what else was there. the ending is happy, but so short that it's not. i guess it HAD to be 90 pages.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Link

You can download the pdf of the Adaptation screenplay at www.script-o-rama.com, and it's the one with the Ape and all that good stuff.  I like that plot a little more than the movie plot (basically, the third act is crazier, like the original Malkovich third act was crazier)

filmcritic

Don't worry about buying the screenplay Click on the link and print it off the computer.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/Punch-Drunk_Love.html
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

oakmanc234

Hey thanks filmcritic. Geeez I love reading this screenplay.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'