Emily Watson

Started by jonas, July 10, 2003, 04:19:22 PM

jonas

She's my favorite actress and just so goddamn good.

Standard Emily Watson viewing list:
Breaking the Waves
Hilary & Jackie
Angela's Ashes
Trixie (she's great, the movie is blah)
Red Dragon (she and Ralph Fiennes are the best parts)
The Boxer (she and Dan Day-Lewis are great)
Punch-Drunk Love

Worth seeing:
Equilibrium
Metroland

Haven't seen:
The Luzhin Defence
The Mill on the Floss
The Cradle Will Rock (rewatch)

I just wanted to add this because I don't see her name mentioned among great working actors/acresses.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

rustinglass

Breaking the waves is my favourite. Of course I'm a big von Trier fan but still... I mean, Red Dragon sucked ass! even she did, I'm sorry to say.

Hillary and Jackie was very good, both of them.
I liked her in Punch Drunk love too.
She really is a great actress
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

oakmanc234

Hey, she didn't suck any ass in 'Red Dragon'. I thought she was brilliant in it.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

rustinglass

Sorry, but I think she wasn't any good compared to her other roles. opinions are like assholes.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I first saw her and remember her name in PDL.  It was then that I had to search for more of her great workings.

She just so damned cute!!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ghostboy

I had a huge crush on her for the longest time. I'd add Gosford Park to the list of must-see performances...she's great in it, and the movie is terrific as well. Metroland was really good too, and since I wasn't expecting anything from it, it proved to be a pleasant surprise.

jonas

Quote from: GhostboyI had a huge crush on her for the longest time. I'd add Gosford Park to the list of must-see performances...she's great in it, and the movie is terrific as well. Metroland was really good too, and since I wasn't expecting anything from it, it proved to be a pleasant surprise.

Whoops! I forgot Gosford Park. My bad.

I thought Metroland was good too, but her part isn't that big, so I wouldn't say it's something to seek out because of her. Christian Bale is good in it as well. It's a good little movie.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove