Best Scream ? (spoilers)

Started by cron, January 14, 2004, 08:15:23 AM

No, not the Wes Craven movies!   I mean which scream do you think it's the best ever captured on  a film?

GOD DAMN SPOILER!!! ( GANGS OF NEW YORK AND A MEXICAN MOVIE YOU WILL NEVER SEE)

I think that Daniel Day Lewis wins the contest. Gangs of New York.  The scenes where he gets shot at the theatre  and the whole  duel vs. Priest Vallon at the beggining.

There's a great one also in a Mexican movie called "Ustedes los Ricos"  (1948. Staring Pedro Infante) . Blanca Estela Pavón watches his dead baby  and there's a quick zoom towards her face.  creepy.
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

The Wilhelm needs to get an honorary nod.

Don't know if it counts as a scream, but I always get goosebumps when Marian yells for Robin in the Prince of Theives.

Pippin's girly scream when they fire up the rocket in the tent in Fellowship of the Ring is good for laugh  :lol:

The scream at the beginning of Jurassic Park: The Lost World is a good one.

You know, none of these are really the best, but I'm having a real hard time remembering any.

Raikus

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooo!"
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

mogwai

i got that beat...

"here's where cameron goes beserk"

NEON MERCURY

..nah...the best scream is connelly in the tup in requiem.....

some post a cap.....for the un-enlightened??......please......thank you....

admin note: piece of cake, just search through google.com for christ sakes!

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..nah...the best scream is connelly in the tup in requiem.....
also known as the Perfect Blue scream..

under the paving stones.

©brad

i'd imagine it would be hard to scream underwater. you'd have to get a big big big breath of air, cuz remember jennifer is still for a few moments in the tub before screaming.

anyone tried it?

godardian

Blow Out.

The scream is the theme.

Hey, that rhymes!!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

rustinglass

pacino's at the end o godfather3
uma's in kill bill wasn't bad either

There is a portuguese film called "the mutants" which no one here will ever see so I'll go right ahead and tell the end:

A teenage girl is giving birth in a public toilet in a gas station. I'ts a wonderful performance. She's obviously in a lot of pain, but she can't scream because she can't be heard, so she represses her screams and lets out these little squeals. Number one for me, although it's not an actual scream.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Gloria

I think the best scream is from The Princess Bride:

Inigo Montoya: Do you hear that Fezzik? That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when the six-fingered man killed my father. The Man in Black makes it now.

pete

ah nobody has seen Hero yet, but come April (if Miramax actually releases it) there's a pretty solid scream in there.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

rustinglass

I saw hero. There are lots of screams, which one do you refer to?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

godardian

Quote from: peteah nobody has seen Hero yet, but come April (if Miramax actually releases it) there's a pretty solid scream in there.

It couldn't be...    :?:

I would never pick that title...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

mogwai

godardian, i think pete means the jet li one if i'm not mistaken. it would be kind of weird if miramax decides the re-release the latter one.

context, context, context.