Started by cowboykurtis, June 21, 2004, 11:53:28 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on July 01, 2006, 12:01:52 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on June 30, 2006, 09:39:17 AM
Quote from: modage on June 30, 2006, 08:36:25 AM
GT will not like it
GT will like what i tell him to like.

reminds these two folks that GT liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

reminds these three folks that it was after i told him to like it.

under the paving stones.

JG

i know the movie will be awesome but i don't like trailer very much.   the first half is fine, but the second half seems to be catering to the garden state crowd.  oh well, no need to be nit picky over a trailer, this may very well be the movie of 2006. 

noyes

Quote from: JG on July 01, 2006, 04:03:40 PM
i know the movie will be awesome but i don't like trailer very much.   the first half is fine, but the second half seems to be catering to the garden state crowd.  oh well, no need to be nit picky over a trailer, this may very well be the movie of 2006. 
yeah i agree. i really don't dig the use of death cab. i mean i like death cab but i've had enough of them in movies/trailers.
could very well be indeed.
the cinematography is insanely good.
ive never heard of this Bompoint guy, but he captured that airy dreamy quality.
can't wait to see it.
south america's my name.

modage

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on June 30, 2006, 09:11:01 AM
when does this come out in the states?

scratch that.

SCIENCE OF SLEEP has been moved from August to a September 15th release for New York and LA venues, goes limited on the 22nd, and expands in the following weeks until a wide release October 6th.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Tone-wise, the trailer reminds me of CQ, just with dream sequences instead of movie sequences.  Maybe it's just because cute French chicks all sound alike to me, I don't know.  But after some of the mixed things I had been hearing about the movie, that trailer went and got me really excited for it all over again.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

imawombat

I just saw this film this week and loved it! :bravo:
these things do happen

edison

So I guess the less we know the better then, right?

Pozer

exactly right.  don't even watch the trailer if possible.  gives waaaay too much. 

MacGuffin

Quote from: pozeR on July 24, 2006, 12:09:01 AMdon't even watch the trailer if possible.  gives waaaay too much. 

Being I posted the trailer waaaay back on the previous page before you told us this, I'll care of it:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

MacGuffin

indieWIRE Presents: "The Science of Sleep" Filmmaker Michel Gondry

indieWIRE continues its monthly series with Apple Store - SoHo that presents indie film professionals discussing various aspects of the filmmaking process. On Tuesday, August 29th, (7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m) Filmmaker Michel Gondry will discuss his narrative, documentary, and music video work, including his upcoming film, "The Science of Sleep," a playful romantic fantasy set inside the topsy-turvy brain of Stephane Miroux (GAEL GARCIA BERNAL), an eccentric young man whose dreams constantly invade his waking life. Warner Independent Pictures is releasing "The Science of Sleep" in theaters September 2006. The event will be moderated by indieWIRE Editor in Chief Eugene Hernandez.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

noyes

south america's my name.