Random Picks...

Started by aclockworkjj, June 16, 2003, 11:49:40 PM

aclockworkjj

So...I am always sitting here wondering what music I can listen to, or download....and my mind goes blank.  Please feel free to recommend a  song or two...even if you aren't fond of anymore than just that one song....or to give exposure to a band some might not have heard, or whether we have heard before....it matters not.

My random pick...

Medeski, Martin and Wood - Last Chance to Dance Trance (Perhaps)

Sigur Rós

Calexico - Corona
Calexico - Lost in Space
.....just get something with this band cause they're damn great!
Mínus - Romantic Exorcism (www.smekkleysa.is)
Mew - Snow Brigade
Mew - Am I Wry
Kashmir - Surfing The warm industry
Kashmir - Rocket Brothers

...hm? I don't know what to write.

Dirk

Mum - Green Grass of Tunnel
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

children with angels

Quote from: Sigur RósCalexico.....just get something with this band cause they're damn great!

Agreed!

Quote from: DirkMum - Green Grass of Tunnel

Agreed!

and: dEUS - Instant Street
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

phil marlowe

massive attack - butterfly caught

jokerspath

Songs: Ohia - The Lioness
Julie Doiron - Le Piano [sic]
Black Heart Procession - Its A Crime I Never Told You About The Diamonds In Your Eyes

I could go on...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Sigur Rós

Quote from: jokerspath
Black Heart Procession - Its A Crime I Never Told You About The Diamonds In Your Eyes

uhh, I love this one too!

jokerspath

Quote from: Sigur Rós

uhh, I love this one too!

You should check out Pinback and Three Mile Pilot if you're into BHP at all.  They share members and are based in the same sound, so to speak.  Let me know what you think or if you are already down with them...
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Mesh

You should check out Pinback and Three Mile Pilot if you're into BHP at all.  They share members and are based in the same sound, so to speak.  Let me know what you think or if you are already down with them...

And if you enjoy Pinback, try some Thingy and/or some Heavy Vegetable.  Both bands feature complex but humble indie rock from Rob Crow.

SoNowThen

if you like 90's Brit Pop, check out Get Away by Ocean Colour Scene

Cannonball Days, and Everything's Alright, both by Ryan Adams are pretty great...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Mr. Joshua

New stuff I'm listening to that's real good:

Lightning bolt - wonderful rainbow
Black keys - thickfreakness
whirlwind heat - Do rabbits wonder?
Arab on Radar - the stolen singles
Locust - Plague Soundscapes
Les Savy Fav - Go Forth

I am an indie rock snob.

Mr. J
"and in the windmill dawn, and under this orchard canopy, and out from under this barrel vault, and out from under this barrel vault." -

aclockworkjj

Quote from: mogwaiMew - She came home for christmas
Mogwai - Ratts of the capital
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Warm tape

warm tape is great

jonas

Buckethead - Colma
Meshuggah - Destroy, Erase, Improve
Coldplay - Parachutes
Led Zeppelin - How the West was won
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

rustinglass

Sonic youth-anagrama
múm- there is a number of small things
Pinhead Society-Hi, mrs Sparks
Anywhen-all that numbs you
kings of convenience-failure
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

phil marlowe

ludacris - area codes

ludacris + nate = absolute perfection