Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

cine

yeah, thats why i really wasn't upset about Late Night with Conan ending. come june, the Tonight Show will basically be an 11:30 Late Night show with better guests. granted, he IS retiring the masturbating bear.. so expect a LITTLE bit more maturity with his new gig, despite him saying he won't grow up at 11:30.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Cinephile on February 21, 2009, 02:08:43 PM
yeah, thats why i really wasn't upset about Late Night with Conan ending. come june, the Tonight Show will basically be an 11:30 Late Night show with better guests. granted, he IS retiring the masturbating bear.. so expect a LITTLE bit more maturity with his new gig, despite him saying he won't grow up at 11:30.

I think his retirement of the masturbating bear just means he can't be as lewd. On Inside the Actors Studio he says his ambition is to get even sillier with the Tonight Show.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on February 21, 2009, 02:14:08 PM

I think his retirement of the masturbating bear just means he can't be as lewd. On Inside the Actors Studio he says his ambition is to get even sillier with the Tonight Show.
Thats wonderful news.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

I hope his new gig doesn't turn into a access hollywood with some clever quips ala Tonight Show. I hope Triumph/Smigel comes along.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

NBC micromanages the shit out of leno's show, whereas letterman has pretty much total control of his show.  wait and see what NBC decides to do with conan.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on February 21, 2009, 02:14:08 PM

I hope his retirement of the Masturbating Bear is only a sign of him not wanting to repeat the same characters on the new show.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien was one of the shows that shaped my sense of humor as a teenager.  I've loved the guy ever since.  I loved seeing those old clips.

Fernando

Quote from: Stefen on February 21, 2009, 09:48:14 AM
I fell asleep waiting for it to come on. haha. I'm old.

You know what's worst than that??? Programing the VCR to tape it and go to sleep to watch it in the morning then waking up to realize I didn't PUT THE TAPE IN!

Does NBC still repeats the show of the week before very late at night? If so at what time?

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 21, 2009, 10:54:23 AM
...ugh, Kevin Eubanks?

Just for the record, KE is one of the greatest jazz players around, the guy is amazing, of course the gig in TTS is just for the money (a masters gotta eat) and unfortunately they play way too commercial which is where Max band really excels, always choosing great music; oh, and drummer Marvin Smith is a god.

Stefen

I just ended up downloading a torrent.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

!!!HOLY SHIT ALERT!!!

Andy Richter to join Conan on 'Tonight Show'
Source: MSNBC

Conan O'Brien will have a familiar face when he begins his new "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" run on NBC: Andy Richter.

Richter will fill the role once held by Ed McMahon, serving as the announcer for the "Tonight Show" when Conan O'Brien takes over the reigns from Jay Leno on June 1.

Richter previously served as a sidekick to O'Brien on "Late Night" between 1993 and 2000. According to a release sent out by NBC, Richter's new role will not be as a sidekick, but he will be involved in live and prerecorded comedy bits.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

"Andy is one of the funniest people I know, and we've maintained a close friendship since he left 'Late Night,'" O'Brien said in the press release. "We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to 'The Tonight Show.'"
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

AWESOME. I really can't wait for this.

Kal

72teeth

FUCKIN. A. YES! This is seriously amazing, great, great news!!!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

SiliasRuby

When I read this is Variety this morning, I couldn't stop grinning! This is going to be amazing. Glad to hear that andy is finally going to get a steady gig again.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Sleepless

Despite the prevailing opinion on here that Conan is awesome, I have to disagree. I'm sorry, but I do not find him funny. I've tried to watch him numerous times, but every time he pulls that Larry King shit - oooh suspenders, oooh upside-down glasses. That just ain't funny to me. I don't care about all the forcing-Jay-out scandal, I really don't. Couldn't care less about Fallon, I won't be watching.

I guess what I want to say is that there is only one late night host I find completely enthralling and constantly entertaining, and that's Craig Ferguson. So where's the love Xixax, where's the love? Maybe now Conan's an hour earlier you'll all find the remote and check him out. Sure, he's not all-out wacky, but he's dry, and he's fun. A very enjoyable hour. Guaranteed.

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.