I Love a Photography

Started by I Love a Magician, December 08, 2005, 02:16:22 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Garam on December 10, 2005, 12:16:59 PM
No need to get all pissy about it, for chrissake.
you're the one who jumped to conclusions and accused us of deleting your post, without noticing that mogwai graciously split the thread to get it more attention. next time know what you're talking about before you go and get all pissy yourself.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

Quote from: I Love a Magician on December 10, 2005, 02:29:02 AM
And this one, that I'm not huge on, even though my friends seem to like it.

maybe they think lines are good? you've done well in avoiding the most common pitfall among young photographers: take a picture of a bunch of lines and present it as great composition.

the rest of your pics are awesome except the concert ones, which just sort of fizzle.
under the paving stones.

squints

I Love a Magician = great fotos and the best avatar ever
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: I Love a Magician on December 14, 2005, 01:46:12 AM
Thanks. What do you mean by fizzle?
well they're lacking the ebullience of the others, innit? instead of creating drama within the picture you hav settled for merely photographing the appearance of it.
under the paving stones.

I Love a Magician

I went to Rosine, Kentucky to audition for a movie and I took some pictures of the old folks.

Pubrick

not feelin the long shot of the nesquik guy at the intersection, he looks better without glasses and/or looking off to the right -- his two partnerships with cowboy hat are most revealing. the last one is also disjointed, i like that nesquik guy is writing (i'd like to see more of that) but i'm mostly drawn to smoker, and nesquik guy draws away from that.. maybe even literally if that's what he was doin. the rest are brilliant as usual.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I like the wide shot because of his sneakers

I Love a Magician

Thanks y'all. I just like the wide shot because it's so silly looking.

Thrindle

Your first shot is great.  I'm a fan of your photos... definitely have some real talent happening there...  :bravo:
Classic.

I Love a Magician

i started myself a flickr page the other day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imajar/

i'm a photography major now so i should be posting new photos semi-regularly

mogwai

very good stuff, especially the football player feeling left out. it wasn't arranged was it?

pete

yeah, great job.  I loved the texture.  the grains for the black and white photo at the fist in the air or the football dude underneath the smoke.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

I Love a Magician

thanks dudes

Quote from: mogwai on October 06, 2007, 04:00:45 AM
very good stuff, especially the football player feeling left out. it wasn't arranged was it?

wasn't arranged.