Can you help with Elvis?

Started by Bruce Lee, August 16, 2004, 06:39:22 AM

Bruce Lee

cheers Thrindle, im not sure how to go about comissioning etc but plan to do a few more...maybe movie related ones.

And as for the eye has almost been fixed, just need to extend the brow to the left

and if there's something wrong i'll just label it abstract lol

Jeremy Blackman

I think the problem is that the brow is too extended. His head is turned to his right, so the brow should be smaller on that side. The eye could be closer to his nose and 2/3 the size, but then you'd have to shrink the right half of his head. That would also make him look ten times less mischevious, which would work unless you want that look.

Cover up his right eye, and it's really a naturalistic painting.

Bruce Lee

its a comination of brow and shadow that makes it dark..here's the pic i worked from;

metroshane

Not to rain on anyone's parade...but there is the copyright issue.

Elvis Presley Enterprieses has a very firm hold on E's image (not to mention to artist of the original composition) and they prosecute quite liberally.  That's why velvet Elvis, at least new ones, have all but disappeared.  Andy Warhol had terrible copyright issues with his similar paintings.

But congrats on the work...it's quite nice.   BTW, the problem is with the left eye...not the right.  Look closely, b/c he's snarling, the left eye is partially closed like he's in the process of winking.  The bottom eye lid should be higher in the middle not lower.  The cheek is pushing up into the eye.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Bruce Lee

I'll take my chances with the image and there is no 'artist of the original composition' as i worked it myself from numerous photographs that i photoshopped.
As for the eye, its not a major problem i'll alter it better...should be up on ebay tomorrow.

Stefen

It looks like Sloth from the goonies, mixed with that picture goddamn im the man posted of himself.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

metroshane

Well, it looks like this guy is stealing your idea.

We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Bruce Lee

im sure there's tons of similar paintings in that style

metroshane

same style and color scheme...exactly.

Bruce Lee

except mine looks like elvis

cine

Quote from: Bruce Leeexcept mine looks like elvis
Wait... what?!

MacGuffin

It's not a real Elvis painting unless it's on velvet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

***I can't stop laughing out loud at this thread.

Oh fuck.
Classic.

Bruce Lee

this thread has spiraled out of control.....the paintings done...finito....kapeesh.

Bruce Lee

Here's the finished product, let me know what you think...