From a Distance Webseries

Started by Neil, April 28, 2018, 04:34:19 PM

Neil

The guy who shot Old Souls Revival's videos also asked me to work with him on a short series that he made three episodes for, and it is entitled, "From A Distance." Last time I posted some shit like this, I got torn a new one and wanted to cry and get defensive. But a lot changed for me when I hit 30. with that said, please fire away and let me know what you hate about it and (if there's anything you) like about it.

I think they get a lil' better with each one, but here's the first Ep

EDIT: I'm the lead" actor," and not a very good one at that. So if you've got any insight in that department, feel free to fire away as well!

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Neil

Neil

Neil

I guess they're so bad, they aren't even worth commenting on. I'll let the writer/director know. :yabbse-grin:

jenkins

You die alone my friend, but that doesn't mean you were wrong. I can't remeber if I was here for this or not, but personally I'm a fan of the lead actor.

WorldForgot

Enjoyed Ep 2 more than Ep 1, because the gags didn't feel so much like they were asking for laugh-track. I think there's something about the pace of the series that feels off, more so than how it was shot or directed, actually. The pace is so similar for each scene that even if I didn't know what they were gonna say, I could tell just skipping to the end of a scene would get me to the next one, no scraping by. That is, there's no conflicts that are unique to each scene/character that keep the momentum ratcheting up.

And since it's a comedy noir, too, a lot of the scenes are just receiving information from one character before heading to the next -- it's actually a similar sort of pacing issue with most detective novels, and I wonder if this was just over-written, stretched out longer than the concept really called for, maybe.