I made a gender bending bank robbery short film

Started by pete, October 06, 2017, 01:33:18 PM

pete

it won't be out for a bit but here's a little teaser I made for it - click on the poster to view

it's like a little prequel to a feature I've been writing, starring Missi Pyle.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

The ultimate teaser is one you don't even get to watch.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

It works :)

Wow. I love it. Everything about it. That opening shot, slowly pulling back, then the total and utter transformation, the choice of music - even the description in the logline "Lizzy Jo, who still lives with mom at age 45, battles her loneliness and boredom by robbing banks in the guise of a cowboy on her lunch break."

Cannot wait to see more. Pete, you are the genuine article. Is it okay if I share this?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Fuzzy Dunlop

That looks awesome! I'm in.

Who's your DP/what did you shoot this with?

WorldForgot

Great teaser, the pace you chose is my favorite for any trailer. Ease us in, then jettison into the story.
Excited to watch the full short ~

Robyn

The amount of talent on xixax is impressive :yabbse-thumbup:

So many of you that do short films (and feature films!), writing books, podcast etc, and just being amazing in general.

It inspires me! ((:

pete

Quote from: Fuzzy Dunlop on October 06, 2017, 03:15:58 PM
That looks awesome! I'm in.

Who's your DP/what did you shoot this with?

His name is Drew Daniels, we've been shooting together for a long time, but he's known for It Comes At Night, Krisha, and the Sundance winning short film Thunder Road.
- Buster Keaton

pete

Quote from: Sleepless on October 06, 2017, 02:10:30 PM
It works :)

Wow. I love it. Everything about it. That opening shot, slowly pulling back, then the total and utter transformation, the choice of music - even the description in the logline "Lizzy Jo, who still lives with mom at age 45, battles her loneliness and boredom by robbing banks in the guise of a cowboy on her lunch break."

Cannot wait to see more. Pete, you are the genuine article. Is it okay if I share this?

please do!
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

This is a great teaser. Very excited to see the whole thing some day!

JG

looks awesome! inspiring stuff, pete, congrats!

pete

hey the film will be premiering at Sundance's shorts program. See ya there!
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton