NO MORE SHALL WE PART

Started by Shughes, November 16, 2016, 05:44:28 AM

Shughes

I'm very pleased to be able to share my short film No More Shall We Part - all comments and feedback gratefully received.

NO MORE SHALL WE PART
https://vimeo.com/190641836

polkablues

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us. I'll try to go more in depth later.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Shughes

Great. Thanks for you comments.

I hoped the stylistic influences - There Will Be Blood (aim high right?!), The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Proposition - would resonate with some members here.

Shughes

If anyone is interested in such things here's a short featurette on the visual effects work in the film:

https://vimeo.com/142298274

(This contains spoilers so have a watch of the film itself first if you haven't already).

N

Great film Shaun*, blows me away to see so many skilled filmmakers on here. I haven't watched many shorts in a while so this was a real treat. Definitely warrants more viewings, the visuals alone are something special.

It would take a keener eye than mine to give this film the analysis it deserves (can't wait to see what some of the smarter people on here think of it), but I do want to say how much I love the use of human touch throughout. In the final scene I felt sincere warmth in something tragic, and you've captured it in a way which makes them feel inseparable. The scenes leading up to the ending really stick with me. As I think back on the whole film, one shot keeps popping into my head.

I think this really complements the rawness of the film, the way it shows life as the beautifully fragile and complicated mess that it is. In only 13 minutes it feels like you've left nothing out.

Wonderful score as well, certainly reminiscent of Nick Cave/Warren Ellis (Jesse James), but this film takes a much more intimate approach and in my opinion totally pulls it off. Just my thoughts after watching it twice, don't be too worried if I've totally missed the point, no doubt others on here will get it. I have a history of (mis?)interpreting films as things that they aren't.

Shughes

Thanks for your comments. I would say your interpretation absolutely aligns with my intent to show something intimate, human and somewhat tragic. At its core it's a film about love. I'm delighted that's coming across, and that you're able to so succinctly express your own connection to it is really great to hear.