ah come on now

Started by SailorOfTheSeas, October 28, 2014, 02:13:47 PM

SailorOfTheSeas

my first film "ah come on now" is gonna be done in about a month, so im gonna share the first 8 minutes now. its about a pre-suicide dream.

some of the audio is still a bit rough and a big part of the audio in these 8 mins can only be heard with either bass-y speakers or headphoness, so thats recommended atm. if you watch it, enjoy!

(all the music used in generic stock shit from the editing software im using. my friend is currently recording the soundtrack, so all the current music in it is temporary n will b replaced sooon)

jenkins

cute hats are a recent fashion that i fully support

i know cute hats are topical because i watched your short. thank you. you're gonna wear a lot of hats in your life (i'm guessing) and i wanna see them all (fact)

Frederico Fellini

Have no idea what the fuck I just watched..... But I'm gonna watch it again.

(^This is a compliment.)
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

SailorOfTheSeas

Helloo. Here is the final trailer for my film AH COME ON NOW, releasing on the 31st of this month. enjoyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xL9CMAvmQ&list=PLFxz4N4FON_7hS0E8g-vTJw1SvMTy2KxU&index=5

that was really really cool

SailorOfTheSeas

Film is finished! I hope u all enjoy it

SailorOfTheSeas

if anyone watches it and has some feedback or constructive criticism and stuff, id be sickkk to hear it. thanksss

jenkins

smiling for you

though it's a full thing so please pump me up with background details and/or plot details and/or whatnot

SailorOfTheSeas

the film is about a writer who is told by a rumbling voice to go to the local corner shop to buy some milkways and galaxys (chocolates). he walks up to the local pretty tall carpark to jump off and kill himself, but before so has a nap, dreams a bit, then wakes up and kills himself. most of the film takes place within the dream. the writer is divided in two, Raccoon and Swayne. Raccoon is divided into three, with the dream being divided into a chapter for each boy (1, 2 and 3), with each one being a different type of character and living and fucking up in their own distinct way, listening to whatever music theyre in the mood to listen to. meanwhile in each chapter, swayne is the time traveller, the ghost and the lover. the dream then culminates after Boy 3 and Raccoon and Swayne talk about what the fuck is up. meanwhile Writer's dog and previous love interest pop in and out of the dream. boy 1 loves lord of the rings and pseudo adventures, boy 2 loves lil wayne and kicking bins and getting high, boy 3 likes looking in the mirror whilst rolling cigarettes. swayne likes to sit in the garden and smoke and drink coffee and be judgemental.
the film is kinda like listening to your ipod when being in a unsatisfied and bored and inconsistently unplacable mood, and continuously switching songs until you're all fragmented and don't know where to exactly romanticise yourself atm. its a comedy teenage angst film pretty much, with bits of horror and adventure and stuff like that. im happy with it, it was filmed over a bunch of months. its kinda messy and slow and ametuer but i quite like it like that, for this one at least. my next film THIS GRAVE BEAUTY is gonna be a lot more focused and ambitious and well made technically, i feel AH COME ON NOW is like the phlegm i had to cough up before i could actually start talking, but i couldnt help but make some noise while doing the disgusting coughing, and i wouldnt expect many people to interested in the 90 min long phlegm of someone they know nothing about and havent heard speak, so fair enough if u arent.
youtube fuckin muted the audio but i put it on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/120888910

if you take the time to watch it, and dw if you dont cuz its quite a long film so i understand, i hope u enjoy :)