drawings

Started by Garam, May 23, 2014, 07:19:13 AM

Garam

i went through a bit of a rough patch about 18 months ago and started attending a life drawing class to take my mind off things. no real previous experience besides doodling toons in school. before the class i hadn't done a single drawing for at least 6 or 7 years. i love it now. i want to become obsessed but finances and my laziness are getting in the way. but now that i've started i do not ever want to stop. my stuff's all pretty sloppy, that's just my personal taste. i am capable to some degree at doing more figurative stuff, but i dont really like it. i find it a bit boring, it can feel like a chore. it's just not me. twas van gogh's late period that really influenced me to begin.

most of these are from the first six months or so, i don't really have many recent pictures. often the paint is still wet and so the flash reflects fairly heavily. the classes aren't very long, so the longest i've spent on a drawing is about an hour. I do want to change that, but, y'know...laziness.

feel free to hate, like, love or ignore them as is your wont.

^ blatant rip off of charles sheeler. that one's from when i was 17 actually. i tried painting briefly back then but then didn't proceed for a looooong time

blam

Jeremy Blackman

Those are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Three aren't showing up... Use the attachment feature!

wilder

Wow. Really love your artwork. Please keep posting it!

jenkins

do you have instagram in europe or wherever. pm me

my favorites: dogs in windows, tunnel opening light thing, reflection and i think a double-reflection maybe, mentioning nas, purple party, blue morning, signs, blurry lights, i skipped some

Just Withnail

Great stuff! I really really like the mood of the one of the bar. Gives me a Withnail-y vibe.