You Are Your Body / You Are Not Your Body

Started by matt35mm, May 16, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

jenkins

the site, the distribution, etc, all that's impressive enough, but i also wanna say you should be proud of yayb/yanyb, proud of it today and proud of it 50 years from now, because it's great

i appreciate not only its strange vibe but the consistency of its strangeness. i can feel the pulse and that's what i always want to feel the most. kisses

matt35mm

Thanks so much! That makes me happy to hear. I'm glad that you liked it.

Since we're on a new page, I'll post the website again: www.interestingproductions.org

On there, you can see YAYB/YANYB for free, as well as a new short documentary called 3 + 3 + 3 - 2 (A DOG'S LIFE) about a woman who had 7 people in her family die within 9 months.

Everything that we put up on that website will be free. I also intend to start blogging on there soon!

Alexandro

life is busy and I haven't even been able to rewatch this film a couple more times, even less so to exteriorize my opinions, which I already gave matt elsewhere; just wanted to make my thoughts official.

First of all, this is one of those films where you can't possibly anticipate anything. It walks and builds it's own little road, scene by scene, transforming itself before your eyes. Whatever you thought it was going to be when it started, I would bet money is not what it becomes by the moment it ends. This has, I suspect, plenty to do with the way it was conceived with the actors and their input, which poses questions about professional roles in films. You can criticize a performance in a conventional film, but where do you draw the line here? Without these particular actors, these storylines may have never been in the first place. So, there's a chaotic process which somehow (perhaps inevitably) makes sense as the film progresses.

beautiful vintage 60's european art house cinematography, particular concerns and neurotic preoccupations, thankfully move the film away from the usual "young adults try to find meaning in their lives" to a thing very much of it's own. I saw a cut of this thing a while ago and I keep wondering about these characters, what are they doing, how are they coping with shit, what weird stuff is happening in their day to day. this is a world where I enjoyed spending some time, and that only happens when you're confronted with something unique, out of your ordinary.

about the time I saw this, I remember seeing "short term 12" and being really underwhelmed and thinking how is it that a film like that, so timid aesthetically and so politically correct ideologically could be so celebrated when small mindfuck gems like this are around, and I stand by that. check it out if you haven't and you'll see what I mean.

jenkins

Quote from: Alexandro on April 02, 2015, 12:48:30 AM
and thinking how is it that a film like that, so timid aesthetically and so politically correct ideologically could be so celebrated when small mindfuck gems like this are around, and I stand by that.

<3