W3IRDN3SS

Started by 03, May 04, 2013, 12:30:54 PM

so i got the chance to dj new years eve at mobile alabamas newest nightclub: xcite, and it was fucking awesome.
not only did i have an amazing time doing what i enjoy, i also saved the night: a cover rock band was playing from 8 until around 11 and they were horribly misplaced and pissed off everyone inside. several go go dancers came up to me and asked me to kick them off the stage so i could play something they could shake their ass to. the second i started playing the entire place FILLED THE FUCK UP and everyone was dancing like crazy. i did the countdown and played til almost 4am. and on top of all that, they want me to work there fulltime now. here is the one video i was able to take from stage, but i will upload the ones other people took later, including one where a guy is planking on top of a girl. yes.

jenkins

:multi::multi:▲▲:multi::multi::multi:

happy for you

two more videos from new years eve. these are both taken by my friend while i was on stage, at approximately 3AM. as you can see the club began to disperse, and the people that remained were so drunk they just didnt give a shit. this first video is great because this one dude comes up and knocks a cable out of my mixer offscreen just long enough to make this sexy girl stop dancing(RIGHT AT THE FUCKING DROP) but she picks it back up at the end. it also includes this dude making sure there is no confusion about why hes dancing with this girl.

yes. this second video is basically an amazing showcase of white drunken dancing, dont stop watching until the end which contains some bizarre foot kicking, fat white guy of bollywood and near paralyzing half worm moves.

Reel

please never stop posting videos of fat guys in red shirts dancing.

Jeremy Blackman

My request: play some Hudson Mohawke. Maybe "Fuse" or "Thunder Bay."

haha awesome. i dropped thunder bay on new years eve actually, jeremy.
have you heard all the stuff he did with lunice under their moniker TNGHT?
thats some bangers right there.

Jeremy Blackman

Wow, thank you for that. No I haven't. I just started previewing it and it sounds amazing.

Have you heard Rustie? He's Hudson Mohawke's friend, with a similar sound but kind of his own songwriting sensibility. His LP (Glass Swords) is great.

absolutely, i love rustie and was fortunate enough to see him once.
his sound is really innovative and he's been heavily influencing a lot of the current trap/dubstep producers in a pretty obvious way.
i play him quite often, especially this beast you might not have heard before:

N

I'll have what he's having.

Reel

you guys get into some deep discussions in that garage. who are you, marc maron?

whats up you savages
i've been recording some new stuff lately and i'd love to have your opinion on it. don't just upvote, say something, please.

this one is called 'hourglass'.
my friend sean is a new rapper and i let him go in first with some stuff he wrote pretty quickly.
my part is at 1:04, i spent a good amount of time writing it out, but we didn't pick the beat until the last minute. i'm pretty happy with it.

this one is called 'heart'.
i wrote it in a couple hours, my friend came by with an appropriate sounding beat.
i wanted to do something a little more upbeat, borderline radio. my lyrics are so weird that it's
fun to do more contemporary sounding instrumentals. the guy that recorded it supplies a little background vocals during the hook.

this one is called 'thoroughbred'.
my friend sean, from the first track wanted to do something to this blank banshee song he likes.
i didn't really want to, but gave in and i wrote something pretty quickly to accomodate this very unforgivingly formatted song. turned out pretty good. he goes first, then me at 0:54, then him, then me again at 1:58.

this one is called 'lotus'.
just me on this one. i wrote it pretty fast a couple weeks back. pretty satisfied with it.

this one is called 'light'.
my friend came over with this beat, and a chorus he wrote, and asked me to supply the rapping in the middle. i did it kind of on the fly, but overall i like the way it turned out.
i hate his fucking voice though, sorry.

hope you guys like them. please let me know what you think.

damn. thanks alot, guys.

jenkins

'hourglass'

pressed to be the best amongst the lepers
with a
burlap
sack
full of swords and propellers
black hat professor

that's a lot of  fun xx

'heart'

"furious elementals" — you could put this in your pocket, possible memoir title

"see the demons, ride with us"

here you're being a bad influence on the kids.

thoroughbred'

i like how i can feel the beginning.

this is mystical.

i'm feeling strong.

"holy moses. double-headed tabby cat..."

"hopscotch" <3

i like how i can feel the ending. you walk me in, you walk me out nice.

'lotus'

i think there's a nice use of melody and word selection. i like grammatical rhythms.

'light'

"chupacabra valentine" is meme-good

i feel glad listening to this song and i'm glad you helped make it.

thanks for sharing these songs. what have been your adult maneuvers? i think you could netstablish yourself on soundcloud. i have no idea, that's me being positive. thanks again.

i know we've had our squabbles, but i love you, man.
i really appreciate all of your words, dude. much love.

in response to your questions, i'm super lazy when it comes to this craft.
i stay so busy with my art career that i don't take recording as seriously as i should.
when i retire in the evenings, i'll invite some friends over and we'll all chill and record some stuff in a very relaxed fashion. sometimes it goes really well, which are the recordings you heard. i'd like to promote myself more, but i have so much anxiety that i just kind of keep it to my friends and myself for the most part. thanks again for the compliments, my friend.

edit: i know i spaced 'see the demons ride with us' poorly. i meant it more like that demons were coming along with us out of interest because we're cooler than whatever demon stuff they were doing prior.

Hey guys I just got married last week here's to you Jeremy black man