I directed a series of music videos

Started by pete, April 04, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

pete

hey guys
this is the first of my three hip hop videos I'd done with these West Coast dudes, Zion I and the Grouch.
least amount of effort was put in this one.
then we have another one that's really crazy and another one that's live in the streets with a mardi gras band.

here it is, "drop it on the 1"

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Nice job with the video... It has a lot of energy.

RegularKarate

I like it.  It's got that rhythm and a fitting visual voice.  I don't know which one is which, rapper-wise, but the first guy to rap seems to lack a personality in his delivery... like he's reading.  That's the only thing that slowed it down for me... otherwise I really enjoyed it.

pete

thanks everyone!
I showed up at the studio to shoot a video for them, and then the manager said "we've got another hour in this studio, lets make a second video" then they put on this track and we got busy with the cameras.
it was a lot of fun in that thrown together kinda way.
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Yeah, that was really fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the other videos.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

thanks you guys.

frame grab for the next video, dropping in a few weeks:

- Buster Keaton

Reel

I guess Zion 1 and the Grouch are gonna be playing here in a few weeks. I might go, some of my friends will be opening for them. If I hadn't seen pete's videos I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Looking forward to some more videos pete!

Pubrick

man if this was the thrown together video the ones "dropping" soon (did i use the lingo right?) will be seriously off the hook!

takes some special skill to make good hip hop videos, you captured the energy of the track really well and whether it was planned or just put together it's not something that could easily be explained in formulaic terms of knowing when to cut and not being afraid of innumerable fade outs! you know dance and movement well and it shows.

congrats.. i'll save the best compliments for the next one, i'm sure.
under the paving stones.

md

Quote from: Pubrick on April 11, 2011, 09:04:42 AM
man if this was the thrown together video the ones "dropping" soon (did i use the lingo right?) will be seriously off the hook!

u make it sound easy
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Ravi

Good job, I look forward to seeing the next one.

pete

- Buster Keaton

Reel

that song was way better. That video was way better. mad grimey.

RegularKarate

polkablues

The energy of these videos (especially this new one) is amazing.  Perfect editing.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

http://enterthehero.com/post/5041034200/zion-is-healing-of-the-nation-music-video-directed-by

little bit of production notes on the music video; omitting the stuff that might get me in trouble.
part 2, on working with kids and all that, coming up soon.
- Buster Keaton