just Just Withnail's short films

Started by Just Withnail, June 16, 2010, 12:57:38 PM

Just Withnail

Finally!

World Wide Woven Bodies is finally online, free for all to see! It premieres on NoBudge and Short of the Week, and we just got a Vimeo Staff Pick. Feels very good to finally have it out there.

HERE IT IS!

jenkins

Drenk

Quote from: Just Withnail on December 06, 2016, 11:29:42 AM
Finally!

World Wide Woven Bodies is finally online, free for all to see! It premieres on NoBudge and Short of the Week, and we just got a Vimeo Staff Pick. Feels very good to finally have it out there.

HERE IT IS!

I often think about that short. I have watched it again and I still loved it. The dark "magic" around the computer, the violence and the strength of the emotions, how the 90s reappear, how comfortable and yet uncomfortable the world feels...yep, it hits me.
Ascension.

Just Withnail

Dark computer magic! I love it. There will certainly be more of that coming. Working on something longer now, that will hopefully give an even stronger impression of how strange and magical the net felt in the beginning, every star-filled GeoCities page promising you somebody's personal, esoteric truths.

Just Withnail

It's time again!

Finally, my latest short is done done done. As always, I'm anxious to show it to all of you, and to hear what you think. If anyone wants a link and a password, give a shout and I'll send it over.

Drenk

Ascension.

Just Withnail

You've been PM'd :)

This one is a little bit the same old and a little bit different. Like always I guess.

wilder

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

jenkins

jenkins

Just Withnail you have mad skills which you've developed over the years. i'm positive. Mobile is a fully functional short with all the signs of maturity. it took development to bring you here. it's beyond kid stuff. hell, i like kid stuff too second of all. but really the ending here is quite dramatic, in a way which initiates reflection upon what i've seen and felt while watching the short. you make me think about the world, distance, chaos. possibility. lack of possibility. money. lack of money. family. lack of family. it's all represented. and it's the human stuff that needs to be talked about, but there's a matter of who's talking about it and how.

i like how you talk about it and of course i adore the particularity of the setting. and visual symbolism as narrative texture. all the things you did there, i like all of them, basically i'm going to watch it again, thanks as always.

xx

ono

WorldForgot

Link me up, Scotty!
Need as much Xixax sauce as possible ~