(Wes Anderson) Favourite line from a Wes film?

Started by Spike, October 09, 2003, 02:43:16 PM

russiasusha

Funniest line ever!!!!! (and my signature)

"How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?"
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

myadopteddaughter

mmm, mmmm good

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: ®edlum"Most people know that Custor died at Little Big-Horn. What this book pre-supposes is: maybe he didn't?"

I don't know if anybody will ever write a line as funny as this (and have it delivered so perfectly) again.
I've been trying to think of a line from the RT that I found funnier than this but I can't think of one. This is the funniest line.

analogzombie

this one is easy:

"On the run from Johnny law, ain't no trip to Cleveland." -Dignan "Bottle Rocket"

a close second:
"I know you asshole!" -Royal "The Royal Tennenbaums"
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Just Withnail

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: ®edlum"Most people know that Custor died at Little Big-Horn. What this book pre-supposes is: maybe he didn't?"

I don't know if anybody will ever write a line as funny as this (and have it delivered so perfectly) again.
I've been trying to think of a line from the RT that I found funnier than this but I can't think of one. This is the funniest line.

The level of funny in that line goes so far beyond Royal Tenenbaums, that it might be a good contender for the funniest line ever. In fact, I'm surpriced nobody mentioned it in the funniest movie moments thread, which I'll see to right away.

-The gentleman in the blue cardigan!
- I have a two-part-question?
-Go ahead.
context, context, context.

Redlum

I love this whole scene:

Richie: Did you say you were on Mescaline?
Eli: I did indeed. Very much so.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

KingBlackDeath

"nevermind, i know who did it. I'm gonna send him back to ireland in a bodybag."
"he's from scotland."
"well, tell that stupid mick he just made my list of things to do today."
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

grand theft sparrow

subversiveproductions

um, not so funny, but just one of the most touching moments i've ever seen in a film: "i'm going to kill myself tomorrow."
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

Recce

Quote from: subversiveproductionsum, not so funny, but just one of the most touching moments i've ever seen in a film: "i'm going to kill myself tomorrow."

Touching moments?

'I've had a really rough year dad.' Chass
'I know you have, Chassy' Royal
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

subversiveproductions

also very touching.  i don't know, something about richie's line there just really moves me.  it's just sort of the perfect expression of how miserable he is at that point.  i feel like i've looked in the mirror and said that same sort of thing about a thousand times. (sans razor of course.)

www.anewnothing.com

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

subversiveproductions

and the greatest lie we've told ourselves as a society is that we do not.

edit: i'm pretty sure i stole that from tony robbins.  sorry.

www.anewnothing.com