Battle: Los Angeles

Started by MacGuffin, November 12, 2010, 02:50:58 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release date: March 11, 2011

Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez, Michael Pena, Joey King, Bridget Moynahan

Directed by: Jonathan Liebesman 

Premise: A platoon of Marines battle an alien invasion on the streets of Los Angeles.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: P on July 23, 2010, 06:42:38 PM
are you kidding me?

this looks like a straight to video piece of shit that should only have a home in the marketing copies thread.

i'm not getting anything but schlock and shitty special effects from that trailer.

D9 only worked because of the concept of one of "us" becoming one of "them".

if this film copies that too then it will be nothing but a cheap knock off for ppl who were turned off by south african accents. i would call it dreamworks to D9's pixar but that would be giving too much credit to its production value.

Trailer isn't bad, though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

yes, let's get it right from the beginning this time.

this wiki article has nothing to do with this film but it's about a real thing called The Battle of Los Angeles (not the RATM album) and would make a better film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

apparently in late feb 1945 a stray weather balloon caused mass panic in the military which then launched an air raid against nothing at all.
under the paving stones.

Kal

I think the trailer looks pretty cool

Fernando

another trailer:

the aerial shots of the city look too cgi but the close ups look good enough.

RegularKarate

I think the new trailer is great! 
I don't know if it'll live up, but it looks like it's got an actual character put into some really exciting sci-fi action.  Eckhart!

modage

It will be nice to see Michelle Rodriguez play a tough girl character for once.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Big, loud, and stupid. Just what you want in a action film about an attack on my favorite city in which I Live. Intense for what kind of what kind of film this. Better than anything Michael Bay has put out in the last 10 years and with more of immediacy to it than I was expecting. All of the actors do a serviceable job and Aaron Eckhart gives the film a taste of legitimacy.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection