2. Thomas Jane
3. Jason Lee
4. Philip Seymour Hoffman
5. John C. Reilly

meet girls:

1. Mary-Lynn - indeed the sugar on top of PDL -
2. Hope Davis
3. Samantha Morton
4. the little girl in 8mile  :roll: - just kiddin - > this spot is secured by Salma Hayek - she is just ... - well I certainly can't take my eyes of her
5. Brittany Murphy - thank god I haven't seen Just Married yet -

ReelHotGames

Quote from: ebeaman69
Quote from: michael alessandroActors - Phil Hoffman, Edward Norton, Sam Rockwell, Don Cheadle, Adrian Brody (Runners up - Thomas Jane, Aaron Eckhart, Barry Pepper, Mark Ruffalo, Joe Mantagna and John C. Rielly)

Actresses - Samantha Moreton, Melora Walters, Lily Taylor, Natasha Lyon, Julianne Moore (Runners up Claire Danes, Mary McCormack, Minnie Driver)

Okay how about who showed HUGE potential in one film and then has since BLOWN IT!

Jennifer Lopez in Out of Sight... Bring her back and shoot JLo and shove her in a ditch

Thomas Jane is a great fucking actor. It sucks that he hasn't done anything cool since Nights. He would be one of my favorite actors today if he had.

*69 was really great, he and Barry Pepper had some nice moments. And a so-so film that had lots of fun moments with Jane is "Thursday", a sort of rip off Tarantino flick on a small scale.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

polkablues

Quote from: ebeaman69Thomas Jane is a great fucking actor. It sucks that he hasn't done anything cool since Nights. He would be one of my favorite actors today if he had.

Wait for "Dreamcatcher".  It'll be the one that makes him a star.

And I agree about Amanda Bynes.  There's a severe lack in good, young, female comic actors, and I think she could fill the void.
My house, my rules, my coffee

soixante

I've been around a while, so I have my "old school" favorites and current favorites...

In the 70's, there was De Niro, Pacino, Hoffman, Nicholson, Streep, Fonda, all in their prime.

Right now, there is the best influx of acting talent since the 70's.

My favorite actress right now is Julianne Moore, although Rene Zellweger, Nicole Kidman and Kate Hudson kick ass too.

Actors -- it's a toss-up between Phil Seymour Hoffman, John C. Reilly, Edward Norton, Billy Crudup, and Robert Downey, Jr.  I suppose if I had to choose just one, it would be Downey, barely edging out Hoffman and Norton.

Someday, Phil Seymour Hoffman will get his Oscar.  I can't believe he's never been nominated.

Back to Downey -- I was thinking back over his career the past 10 years -- Short Cuts, Natural Born Killers, Two Girls and a Guy, Black and White, Wonder Boys.  What a brilliant actor.
Music is your best entertainment value.

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues
Wait for "Dreamcatcher".  It'll be the one that makes him a star.

Seriously doubt it, while I want to see it, that's one film that will disapear into oblivion.

life_boy

Actors and some favorite performances:
Jim Broadbent (Moulin Rouge, Topsy-Turvy, Iris)
Don Cheadle (Devil in a Blue Dress, Out of Sight, Boogie Nights)
Dustin Hoffman (Wag the Dog, Lenny, Mignight Cowboy)
Edward Norton (American History X, Primal Fear, Fight Club)
Billy Bob Thornton (Sling Blade, Man Who Wasn't There, Primary Colors)

Actresses and some favorite performances:
Joan Allen (Nixon, Pleasantville, The Ice Storm)
Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge, Eyes Wide Shut, To Die For)
Julianne Moore (Boogie Nights, End of the Affair, Short Cuts)
Susan Sarandon (Thelma & Louise, Dead Man Walking, The Client)
Meryl Streep (Adaptation, Silkwood, One True Thing)

Xixax

This is completely off topic, but what the hell is that guy blowing on in your avatar, Life?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Pubrick

Quote from: XixaxThis is completely off topic, but what the hell is that guy blowing on in your avatar, Life?
i thought he was coughing..
under the paving stones.

sphinx

i also.  thought he was coughing.

Derek

vince vaughn
colin farrell
jude law
eric bana
clive owen

naomi watts
samantha morton
julianne moore
joan cusack
catherine keener
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

life_boy

Quote from: XixaxThis is completely off topic, but what the hell is that guy blowing on in your avatar, Life?

I believe he was coughing.  But I just changed my avatar.

xerxes

is benny coughing too???

life_boy

No, he's silently thinking "...is correct, is correct."

Xixax

Quote from: xerxesis benny coughing too???
The Xerxes guy is peeing.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

xerxes

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: xerxesis benny coughing too???
The Xerxes guy is peeing.

i don't think that is true at all

... :?