Aeon Flux

Started by MacGuffin, February 27, 2004, 03:21:49 AM

tpfkabi

did anyone get the animated box set?
i was somewhat interested.
they also advertised that there would be some more stuff from Liquid Television included.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: bigideas on December 03, 2005, 10:01:20 PM
did anyone get the animated box set?
i was somewhat interested.
they also advertised that there would be some more stuff from Liquid Television included.

a friend of mine did...it was great to watch the flux shorts and the episodes are sort of goodish....the pilot owns though..its really fucking great..we didnt go through all the extras but...like you ...i was interested in seeing other liq tv shorts...and damn, THEY FUCKINg SUCK ASS....when i was younger i thought it was cool...but its awful...exspecially the "art school girls of doom"...its dated and ....um...just sucks....in retrospec flux and butthead were the only thing i liked from liq tv..but the box set is worth it just for the flux shit though...

Myxo

Oh man, avoid this one at all costs.

This movie ranks up there with some of the finest "adaptations of great work which suck balls". It was just terrible. The acting felt like a dry script read. The dialogue was incredibly lame. Your connection to characters in the film is razor thin. I could go on and on. It's just bad.

Pas

God this is badder than just bad... there is absolutely NO reason whatsoever to go see this.

modage

Title: Aeon Flux
Released: 25th April 2006
SRP: Around $19.99

Further Details:
Paramount Home Entertainment has sent over official artwork for Aeon Flux (2005) which stars the likes of Charlize Theron, Marton Csokas and Frances McDormond. The film is set 400 years in the future, after a virus has decimated the world population, and only one city on Earth remains. Ruled by the Goodchild dynasty, it appears to be a perfect society of peace and prosperity - except its citizens keep mysteriously disappearing. Theron stars as Aeon Flux, a secret agent/assassin/warrior whose mission is to bring down the regime. The disc will be available to own from the 25th April, and should retail at around $19.99. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Extra material has yet to be confirmed. We've attached the official region one package artwork below: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/aeon-flux.html

what does "Around 19.99" mean?  like, 19.99 until a month later when it hits bargain bins in every 2 for $20 and 3 for $25 sale best buy runs from here to eternity?

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Umm, so... yeah. This pretty muched sucked, as I thought it would. It was doomed from the start with miscasting Theron. It doesn't resemble the animated series at all. The mystery of the character isn't there, so what we have is a hero and a story that I couldn't care less about.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks