Started by MacGuffin, February 27, 2004, 03:21:49 AM

Sleuth

How to Draw:
Aeon Flux

Step ONE

I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Theron Redesigns Skimpy Superheroine Costume

Hollywood star Charlize Theron forced movie bosses to change her costume design for forthcoming movie Aeon Flux - after deciding her character's original outfit was too revealing. When Theron saw the superheroine's skimpy crime-fighting outfit of a bikini, thigh-high boots and shoulder pads, she decided to add trousers to the outfit. The 29-year-old star admits, "When you're playing with aspects of sexuality, certain things have to be hidden. That's what my mother always used to tell me. I wanted to stay as true as possible to the original character, but didn't feel the need to go as far with the costume." The sci-fi movie, based on the comic book adaptation, is due to be released in the autumn.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffinWhen Theron saw the superheroine's skimpy crime-fighting outfit of a bikini, thigh-high boots and shoulder pads, she decided to add trousers to the outfit.

Aw man...

hedwig

That's odd, though, isn't it? She's appeared nude in films before, why do you think she's bothered by a revealing costume?

pete

she's also been in a good movie before...
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinThe sci-fi movie, based on the comic book adaptation,
there's ur problem right there. the costume in the comic is not the same as the series.

pictures here http://comics.ign.com/articles/632/632725p1.html
under the paving stones.

killafilm

The trailers up at Quicktime.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/aeon_flux/

I feel like this should have come out circa 1993-1995 and had Sylvester Stallone in some sort of kick-ass role.

expertly trained
ruthlessly efficient
fanaticaly devoted to the pope

another show anally raped.
context, context, context.

Ravi

No press screenings for this one, which means its probably going to suck.  Aeon Flux fans will see it anyways.

polkablues

Quote from: Ravi on December 02, 2005, 04:50:23 PM
Aeon Flux fans will see it anyways.

Which is too bad, because they're the ones who will be the most disappointed.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ravi on December 02, 2005, 04:50:23 PM
No press screenings for this one, which means its probably going to suck.

I think there more, bigger, indicators of that than just 'no press.'
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Haha, true, though "no press" is the final nail in the coffin.

It is the only big movie opening this weekend, so it will be number one for sure.

Ghostboy

I sorta want to see it, but I probably won't.

Harry Potter will hang on to the top spot for one more week.

Ravi

Forgot about Harry Potter.  Okay, AF will be number one two.