Alien: Special Edition

Started by Ghostboy, August 29, 2003, 02:19:20 PM

Ghostboy

The best reason to see Jeepers Creepers 2 (and possibly the only reason) is because it's the first place to see the trailer for the Alien reissue on the big screen. It's a very well cut trailer, but more importantly, seeing it in full 2:35:1 on a big screen is, at least for someone who's only seen the movie on video/DVD, just amazing. It looks brand new. It's so nice to see that old fashioned FX are still perfectly comparable to CGI -- model spaceships rules.

I hope they put out Aliens next year.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Man... I'm not gonna go see Jeeper Creepers for this, but I am definately available to see Alien in the theater again.

I saw a midnight showing of it on the big screen years back, but the print was pretty nasty... I remember, at the begining, they showed an outer space shot and there were these green dots all over the print, popping in and out and my friend screamed "AAAAAAGGHHH SPACE BEES!"

©brad

Quote from: RegularKarateI remember, at the begining, they showed an outer space shot and there were these green dots all over the print, popping in and out and my friend screamed "AAAAAAGGHHH SPACE BEES!"

hahahah! no one better use that for their signature cuz its mine, all mine i say!

Ravi

It's not going to be CGI-fied, is it?  No walkie-talkies for Ripley.

I've never seen the Alien films, except for parts on TV, so I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

picolas

Quote from: RegularKarateI remember, at the begining, they showed an outer space shot and there were these green dots all over the print, popping in and out and my friend screamed "AAAAAAGGHHH SPACE BEES!"
that's great. tell your friend i said hi.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Is it right for them to sell this as The Scariest Movie Ever Made? I mean, by today's standards, can you even call it a horror movie? I don't think the teenage audience will be very open to such a slow paced film like Alien.

oakmanc234

True. Plus, wasn't that the same tagline for the 'Exorcist' re-release? 'The Scariest Movie Ever Made'?
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Finn

I saw a trailer on this and it looked really cool. good movie to see in theaters.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

New Footage from Alien: The Director's Cut
Source: IGN Filmforce

IGN Filmforce alerted us to new footage from Ridley Scott's Alien: The Director's Cut, coming to theaters two days earlier on October 29, a Wednesday.

Watch a new featurette with never-before-seen footage. Then watch Ripley discover "The Nest."

You'll get the first glimpse of Veronica Cartwright and Sigourney Weaver scuffling outside Ash's Med Lab. That, and a few more quick but never-before-seen shots from Alien as they're entwined by the hand of Ridley Scott into Alien: The Director's Cut.

The featurette, which runs about three and a half minutes, also includes a new interview with Scott and a concludes with a snapped-up, neo-pop round of editing that just has to be seen.

Meanwhile, a teaser trailer for Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator is expected to be attached to "The Director's Cut" on the 29th.

Featurette

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinPaul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator
for just a schpilt second there i was all like "whaaaaaaaa?!"

MacGuffin

To promote the upcoming theatrical release of Alien: The Director's Cut, 20th Century Fox is giving away posters autographed by director Ridley Scott to anyone who spots one in their local theater.

The studio will be distributing 20 signed posters to undisclosed theaters in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston, Dallas, Washington D.C., Houston, Seattle, Atlanta and Toronto. The first moviegoer to notice one on display and notify the theater manager will have the chance to take the collectible home.

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

it would be nice to know when they will be released, damnit, now i gotta run around town, and besides, thats not really fair because the guys/gals who put the posters up can just tell a friend/brother/sig. other and have them get it, damnit.

modage

Alien: The Director's Cut: Bad news - Fox has apparently cut the number of prints for the re-issue in the US from 1200 prints to only 350, not a good sign. Also, Ridley Scott talked about the film recently in a video interview with Apple.Com
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.