Alien Vs. Predator

Started by MacGuffin, June 16, 2003, 04:09:39 PM

MacGuffin

Toddler chokes to death on popcorn at movie theater

VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. -- A 3-year-old boy choked to death while eating popcorn at a movie theater. Deontea Riley, of New York City, was at the Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas in Long Island's Valley Stream watching "Alien vs. Predator" with his parents and older brother when he began to choke shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, Nassau County police said. The family all had been eating from a small tub of popcorn when Elaine McIntosh, the boy's mother, saw that her youngest son was choking. His parents rushed him out of the theater where they performed the Heimlich maneuver without success. "I was trying everything," his father, Eddie Riley, told the Daily News in Tuesday's editions. "I was trying to put my finger down his throat. I didn't feel anything." Police arrived shortly afterward and tried to clear the boy's mouth and perform CPR, but he was pronounced dead at Mercy Medical Center in Rockville Center. His body was taken to the Nassau University Medical Center morgue pending a medical examiner's report. (AP)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffinToddler chokes to death on popcorn at movie theater

VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. -- A 3-year-old boy choked to death while eating popcorn at a movie theater. Deontea Riley, of New York City, was at the Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas in Long Island's Valley Stream watching "Alien vs. Predator" with his parents and older brother when he began to choke shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, Nassau County police said. The family all had been eating from a small tub of popcorn when Elaine McIntosh, the boy's mother, saw that her youngest son was choking. His parents rushed him out of the theater where they performed the Heimlich maneuver without success. "I was trying everything," his father, Eddie Riley, told the Daily News in Tuesday's editions. "I was trying to put my finger down his throat. I didn't feel anything." Police arrived shortly afterward and tried to clear the boy's mouth and perform CPR, but he was pronounced dead at Mercy Medical Center in Rockville Center. His body was taken to the Nassau University Medical Center morgue pending a medical examiner's report. (AP)

For all you movie theatre death lore fans out there, the Sunrise Multiplex was also the theatre that played host to a shooting death on Christmas Day 1990 when Godfather III opened, prompting the managers to install metal detectors.

And not that anyone cares but I was born in Mercy Medical Center (that should be Rockville Centre and not "Center" by the way) and used to live a couple of blocks away from Nassau University Medical Center. But like I said, no one cares so...

bonanzataz

i'm actually about to be on my way for rockville centre. i just thought i'd check in the boards for a while. and this is the story i read. weeeeeird...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

00sp0iler5

..i thought this was good in an entertaining way .i liked the action and all the goo/slime and sh*t like that...and the temple maze was a cool idea....but this needed to be longer and rated R....... the only things that got one my nerves where when the lady said "you are one ugly motherfu" to the alien.that was kind of ghey...and i hated the fact that the predator teamed up with her to destroy the alien ...and that guy from trainspotting isnt good comic relief..........for the last time ATTN:filmakers:.."if you are doing a stupid action film like this one, instead of casting spud, cast dj qualls he is very stupid and he makes sh*t gel together".......

but this wasnt as good as the maltese falcon....

MacGuffin

Second Alien Vs. Predator Coming
They're invading the real world this time.

It's confirmed: Alien Vs. Predator was successful enough to warrant a sequel. 20th Century Fox's Tom Rothman confirmed to Sci Fi Wire at the Saturn Awards that the studio is already planning AVP 2, following the success of the first one.

Rothman spilled some minor plot details on the crossover sequel, stating that it would not be set in a remote location like Antarctica (the locale of the first AVP) or space (like the Alien series). "In the new Alien Vs. Predator they will finally actually really come to our world."

Rothman also mentioned that the AVP sequel would also help to complete the bridge between the Alien and Predator film franchises.

There's no word yet on whether Paul W.S. Anderson (Soldier, Resident Evil) will return to direct the sequel. The British-born filmmaker currently has two other films on his plate.

Although the first Alien Vs. Predator picture wasn't among 2004's big successes, it did earn enough to recoup its $45 million budget and more. It's easy to see Fox pouring more money into the sequel, but it might have difficulty overcoming the negative image the first AVP received in the press; for example, only 22% of the reviews listed at Rotten Tomatoes were favorable, and IMDb visitors rated it an unimpressive 5.4 out of 10.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Strause brothers in 'AVP' fold

20th Century Fox has tapped Colin and Greg Strause to helm the sequel to the monster face-off "Alien vs. Predator." The project marks the feature film directing debut of the brothers, who run award-winning special effects house Hydraulx, which provided the trick shots for such Fox hits as "X-Men: The Last Stand," "Fantastic Four" and "The Day After Tomorrow." Greg Strause won a BAFTA Award for the effects work on "Tomorrow." The Strauses also have created a name for themselves in the world of commercials and music videos because of their distinctive brand of helming, which nabbed them a Visual Effects Society Award for the Will Smith video "Black Suits Comin'."

Skeleton FilmWorks

McfLy

Usually these effects guys are total fanboys for the Alien and Predator franchises. If they get a good script (which I doubt) they may give the fans what they want and thensome. Since I'm a die-hard Alien and Predator fan (not so much after Alien Resurection, and AVP) a part of me really wants this movie to turn out well or at least better than AVP.

polkablues

I have the feeling from the pedigrees of the directors that it's going to be a very good-looking mess, something along the lines of The Cell, or the first Resident Evil.

But who knows... maybe these guys will be the exception to the rule, and have a good sense of story and character to go along with their purty pictures.  And maybe flying pigs will use my ass as a runway.
My house, my rules, my coffee

McfLy

Quote from: polkablues on June 09, 2006, 06:42:28 PM
it's going to be a very good-looking mess

I believe thats dead on.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

That looks nuts and insanely gory.