AIRPLANE / THE NAKED GUN / HOT SHOTS

Started by modage, June 03, 2003, 12:30:42 PM

modage

which one of these Jim Abrahams/David Zucker (although Hot Shots was technically Abrahams/Pat Proft), collaborations made your favorite series?

AIRPLANE & AIRPLANE II

NAKED GUN: FROM THE FILES OF POLICE SQUAD! & NAKED GUN 2 1/2: THE SMELL OF FEAR & NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT

HOT SHOTS & HOT SHOTS: PART DEUX

feel free to make this a poll.  (if you hate all of these, you suck).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02feel free to make this a poll.  (if you hate all of these, you suck).
if by all of these u mean all of these dumb random polls, then i guess i suck.
under the paving stones.

godardian

I like the first Airplane. Caught it on TV the other day and it was hiLARious.

If memory serves, the Zuckers weren't involved directly in Airplane II...??
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

well i dont see how theyre any more random than anything else on here. it is a FILM DISCUSSION forum.  i thought they would make for interesting debate.  perhaps im wrong, so thanks for pointing that out.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Top Secret! is better than all of these listed.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Keener

Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

phil marlowe

currenly a dead run between a, tng, hs and 3 x 2 x 1 = how many possible answers there are to these.

SHAFTR

I saw Jerry Zucker speak a few weeks ago.  He did one of the commencement addresses at UW-Madison and I was there to hear it.  It was very good.

The Zucker/Zucker/Abraham combination originated here in Madison.

I like Airplane
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffinTop Secret! is better than all of these listed.

Yeah, baby, yeah.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

So hard to pick.  They're all awesome.

modage

Quote from: P
Quote from: themodernage02feel free to make this a poll.  (if you hate all of these, you suck).
if by all of these u mean all of these dumb random polls, then i guess i suck.

does everyone else hate these dumb random polls as much as P does?  (feel free to make this a poll.)

Redlum

The Naked Gun series, mainly for introducing me to the name 'Nordberg'.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ravi

Quote from: redlumThe Naked Gun series, mainly for introducing me to the name 'Nordberg'.

Wasn't Nordberg originally in Police Squad?  The tall guy whose face we never see.

Too bad OJ killed those 2 people.  His film career could have been wonderful  :lol:

modage

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: redlumThe Naked Gun series, mainly for introducing me to the name 'Nordberg'.

Wasn't Nordberg originally in Police Squad?  The tall guy whose face we never see.

Too bad OJ killed those 2 people.  His film career could have been wonderful  :lol:

could have been?   WAS.
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Simpson,%20O.J.

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.