the italian job (the trailer you were never meant to see)

Started by sphinx, April 01, 2003, 01:08:24 AM

sphinx

the official trailer for 'the italian job' was put up on the internet, and abruptly taken down.  luckily i nabbed it and got someone to mirror it, so here it is:

note that the trailer pretty much spoils the whole fucking movie.

edward norton's sinister moustache dominates this picture.  i really hope this doesn't come out, and i feel sorry for mr. norton.

budgie

I didn't even know about this. Well done, sphinxie.

Maybe Ed feels facial hair makes him more authoritative or something. Or just 'crooked' here.  :(

Why are they using Minis (specially those characterless new versions when souped up '68 Coopers would have been better and would have reffed the original in a clever, rather modern way)? Surely there's an American equivalent? Ugh.

It looks dull and silly, but I'll see it for the Ed/Wahlberg combo.

sphinx

and just remember (i'm sure all of you know), this was an obligatory job for edward norton to do as part of a 3 picture deal with the studio

Duck Sauce

What pisses me off about this is not that its a remake the will probably be terrible, its that it wasted Nortons time where he possibly could have been doing something good. Ill give it a chance though.

Ghostboy

My god, not only do they give the entire movie away, they even show Norton's facial expression when he loses at the end! I could probably review the whole film based on the trailer.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyMy god, not only do they give the entire movie away, they even show Norton's facial expression when he loses at the end! I could probably review the whole film based on the trailer.

which is why i guess the studio took it down. cheers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

sphinx

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Reminds me of 21 Jump St.  WORST POSTER I HAVE EVER SEEN.