To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Reinhold

Quote from: kal on February 06, 2009, 02:05:48 AM
Quote from: private witt on February 06, 2009, 01:55:04 AM
I didn't know where else to ask this:  Who picks out the screen shots for the marque?  They're great.  Love seeing so many shots that aren't very complex, yet if you know the film you immediately understand why they were picked. 

here http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2294.0

actually, Private Witt's talking abut banners. the marquee is the text part. there's a sticky thread (directly below this one) in idle chatter for banners. if you take a look at the guidelines and use the photoshop template, you can make as many as you'd like. i just put some new ones up.

to answer your question, though, anybody who wants to makes them and then the mods pick a selection of them out and change it up every couple of months.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

atticus jones

used to post up on the down lo when in sane and out of town butt now we chill wif my hotness and lie on the stand to pro tech the amatuer status of the lil biggins

dead and crated fo years in this beast and not a mention in yo mansion?  speaks to da leaks an da creaks in duh speaks of deez freaks

re intro duce like zeus on juice...p tend p nis whuz p nuts p fore i poke u
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

matt35mm

uze a crazee crazy sunmuddabitch

i don't know wutch ya said butt well cum back, which backwards is "back cum well butt, said ya."

hedwig

matt35mm

Aww I thought there was gonna be a new member.  I guess that was too much to hope for.

Stefen

It's a sequel. Everything is a sequel.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

jerome

hiya there. i'm jerome, 22, french. i heard about xixax through cigarettes and red vines back in 2006 if i remember correctly, and have sporadically been spying on you guys ever since. i've finally decided to register because, well, i kinda like it here. plus it'll give me a chance to speak english. yup, that's about it!

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Welcome to our beautiful community. Prepare for harassment and sarcasm to the nth degree...wait, Pubrick's gone. What are we going to do?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

No way. A well-spoken, intelligent-sounding newb who made his first post in the Introduce Yourself thread? Pubrick would have loved this guy.

Bonjour, Jerome. Welcome aboard.  :yabbse-smiley:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I kind of feel bad for Jerome. I mean, he missed the xixax heyday. Now everyone's either locked up, dead or out the game.

a.santi

i've been a member for 5 years....never saw this thread before.

hello, im lauri, im an art student from argentina. i was at school when i registered, i never posted much (still dont) cos living here means i get to see the films months later ...if i get to see them, so i never have much to say about that.
but i always read the posts and smile at the nonsense you say...and...its because of this board that i can keep up with whats going on...so...thanks :)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen