The X-Files

Started by MacGuffin, November 23, 2003, 07:42:14 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 21, 2009, 05:38:20 PM
Anyway, isn't there an episode that was banned after only its premiere showing?

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 23, 2003, 08:43:41 PM
"Home"

Season Four, Episode Two
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 21, 2009, 04:52:05 PM
Just started watching the 'Aubrey' episode. I spotted John Locke (terry o'quinn)

hey silias, how bout waiting until you've finished watching a whole season or maybe even the whole series before telling us about it, huh?

this is not your personal twitter/tell-us-every-single-thing-you-do service. no one cares that you recognized an actor who has no doubt appeared in MANY television series (amazing!) as you started watching an episode. just wait til you've seen at least HALF a season, and tell us what you think. can you do that? or at LEAST wait til something interesting/pivotal happens. something that people would actually have an opinion on, or you can offer some insight about other than "hey look it's that guy i know! look everyone! everyone look it's someone i recognize from TV! and he's on TV again! wowwwwww."

thanks
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 21, 2009, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 21, 2009, 05:38:20 PM
Anyway, isn't there an episode that was banned after only its premiere showing?

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 23, 2003, 08:43:41 PM
"Home"

Season Four, Episode Two

that's actually the only episode I didn't watch again, incest creeps me the fuck out.

SiliasRuby

Finished the series and man what an TV experience. Really worth it and some great pay offs in the end. Although the finale did remind me a tiny bit of the finale of 'seinfeld'. I have been cursing at Director Kersh throughout the series and when he helps in the end, it almost didn't feel right. The ending of the finale really felt like the best way to end the series. I LOVED SEASON 7 though..I don't care what any of the haters say...Still my favorite episode is Chung's outer space episode.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

Continuing my rewatch of the series, we now have a strong new contender for Worst Episode of All Time: "First Person Shooter"!  I can't think of a single thing the episode got right, from the characterizations of the main characters to the vaguest basics of how computers work.  A good drinking game if you want to kill yourself would be to take a shot any time a character misuses a general computing term, really tough concepts like "download".  Krista Allen's ass could not save this one, try though it did.

Sleepless

You're getting closer to "Fight Club." That's easiest the worst by far.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

"Fight Club" is not good, but also (I would argue) not among the very worst. That is a very special category.

Thanks for that description, Polka. The horrifying images from that episode all came rushing back. This is the one where Mulder and Scully run around like they're playing laser tag, right?

This does spotlight two elements that will sink an X-Files episode:

- datedness
- putting scully and/or mulder in artificial peril

Anyway, my choice for the worst is and will always be "Space." It's a massacre of an episode on every level.

Pubrick

no no, the worst x files episode of all time is definitely this one.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Hmm... I stand corrected.

polkablues

diggler

I can't believe that movie sucked so bad. What a wasted opportunity.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Jeremy Blackman

The rationalization was that they wanted to give a new generation of viewers a gentle introduction to the series, and then ramp it up with future movies. But they may not get that chance. It's really sad.

I guess by "gentle introduction" they meant "vaguely interesting, stretched-out, clearly below-average X-Files episode that somehow found itself on a movie screen."

diggler

I get the rationalization. When I heard the movie was going to be a "monster of the week" style story I got excited. Those are the episodes that hold up. It was just a lame story they decided to tell that had little to do with the supernatural at all. I'm shocked that anyone read that script and went "YEA!"
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty