A Halloween Treat

Started by Xixax, October 24, 2003, 02:15:40 AM

Xixax

I offer this from my audio archives, back in the day when I called myself a musician... Enjoy, Xixaxians!

Punkinhead (192 Kilobit MP3 audio file) (4,567,249 bytes)

Words: Larry Hicks

Music: Michael Wilson (A.K.A. "Braindead")

Vocals: Michael Wilson (A.K.A. "Braindead")

Recorded: 11/15/1988

Production Notes:
Driving home from a dance club with my lifetime best friend Larry (who had a few too many drinks), we passed a billboard for that stupid horror flick called "Pumpkinhead". We broke into uncontrollable laughter. The words to this song surfaced mysteriously the next day on my fax machine at work. For the first time, Larry decided to try his hand at lyric writing. I always thought that the lyrics needed a lot of work, but I didn't touch them. I left them exactly as Larry wrote them.

As soon as I got home from the office that day, I put music to Larry's monsterpiece.

We later taped some raw video footage in hopes of piecing together a music video for this song to be played on a local cable-access TV show, but the editing never materialized. It's too bad, too. It had some pretty funny shots of animated action-figures getting flushed down the toilet, Marilyn (who is now my wife of 14 years) getting eaten by an evil pumpkin in a tree, and a high-dollar climax as Larry, the hero, sets Punkinhead on fire and smashes him to bits.

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Sleuth

o;_; fux whenever you post a picture or a song, it never lets me see/hear
I like to hug dogs

cine

I second that. :(

Regardless of that, however, its interesting how history works and that you're now presenting it to us 15 years later.

Xixax

Oops. My bad. Try it now.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

cine

That song was hilarious. It really is a shame it never materialized into any sort of video. That would be awesome to see. I loved the music and sound effects... "hiiiiiyaa"

What does Larry think about it now, looking back on it? Or even Marilyn for that matter?

Sleuth

Haha

your voice sounds like somebody famous....
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Cecil