(Wes Anderson) Just to add a topic

Started by ElPandaRoyal, January 08, 2003, 04:52:06 PM

sphinx

owen has actually broken his nose on i believe it to be three separate occasions.  it's what's responsible for the somewhat nasal tone he has---people often ask him why he doesn't fix it, and i don't recall what he said in response to that.

MacGuffin

Quote from: 82man.. the NOSE on owen... wtf happened to him?

From the same Premiere article I posted on Page 1:

Wilson understands that what makes him different is the source of his power onscreen. But he remains surprisingly tender about the subject of his most outwardly unconventional attribute, his nose. Wilson is widely admired and desired for proving that an aquiline nose is not a job requirement for being a bankable leading man. His nose, which remains unfixed after being broken once in the ninth grade and again in a college football accident, is distinctly asymmetrical, with a slightly cubist effect of shifting shape depending on the side from with it's shot. It is the thing that makes women want him and men want to be like him: comfortable with who he is. And yet all signs of that defiant spirit vanish when he's asked about his most distinguishing feature a week later over breakfast in Los Angeles. "Can't you read about that some place?" he asks quietly, with a wounded look that seems to ask, "How could you?" We came within reach of making it great but now a pact has been broken. The unexpected depths of Wilson's vulnerability have flooded the room. " I never knew my nose was, like,... I guess because no one would say something until recently. Most people are too polite, so I was able to go along cheerfully thinking I was fine. And then I've had to confront this issue."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kumar

plus he has a cool nose.
When the going gets werid, the werid turn pro.

bonanzataz

my sister read an interview with him where he said he'd never get a nose job because he's afraid his brothers would make fun of him too much.

Owen rocks my wet hot panties.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

pgr

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumI just wanted to say that, in my opinion, The Royal Tenenbaums is one of the most perfect films in movie history

I have to admit TRT was a great film and I've watched it quite a few times, I never seem to get sick of it. I have the Criterion Collection DVD set, its packed with goodies including a pretty cool commentary by WA.