What cinema related publications do you read?

Started by Raikus, March 22, 2003, 10:18:46 PM

Raikus

Having just surrendered and bought a one year subscription to Creative Screenwriting I began to think what other magazines and periodicals some of you read and/or subscribe too. I read Filmmaker and Cinescape fairly regular too. What are your favorites? Which ones help you out the most (depending on your focus: filmmaking, screenwriting, technical aspects, etc.)? Which ones have you read and do not recommend to anyone?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Duck Sauce

The Silver Bullet

RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

©brad

sight and sound is a really good film magazine w/o all the gossip-fashion shit you get in premiere.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dsight and sound is a really good film magazine w/o all the gossip-fashion shit you get in premiere.

That's not Premiere, that's Movieline.

Fade In is also a good one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Premier is the only one I subscribe to. I get Movieline and Filmmaker every once in awhile they look cool.

ReelHotGames

I read Filmmaker, Premiere, Entertainment Weekly, Cinescape and American Cinematagrapher (which is one of my favorites)
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

RegularKarate

Had a subscription to Movieline a long time ago, then it turned into a fashion magazine/ celeb-gossip rag real quick and I dropped it.

My subscription to Premiere just ran out... I haven't renued it (oddly enough, they didn't send me anything asking if I wanted to or warning me that it was going to run out), but I might because it's a good all around film magazine (with the exception of this one article they do, I forget the lady's name, but she's terrible and always reviewing films that are like three months old).

I love American Cinematographer and Creative Screenwriting can be great.

The issues of Filmmaker that I've read were really bad.  Just came off as a snobby, yet poorly done magazine.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarate(with the exception of this one article they do, I forget the lady's name, but she's terrible and always reviewing films that are like three months old).

That's the "If You Ask Me" column. It's done by Libby something but is actually columnist Ted Casablancas. And I skip that article all the time too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

My school's library gets American Cinematographer which is a great magazine and interesting to read during free periods. The problem is I look at all the advertisements and envy all the people who have what's advertised.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls