NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: WithnailTHE best game ever produced is Lucasarts' Grim Fandango (Curse of Monkey Island is a close second). This is seriously better than 95% of evert single fantasy movie ever released. I cannot begin to explain the amount of shivers this game gives me.

The story in brief: Manny Calavera is a grim reaper/ travelling agent, selling travel packages that lead to your final resting place, quality of it depending on how you did back in life. Of course he gets framed and it evolves into a film noir/ fantasy story. And it's epic as heck! Man I get jazzed up just talking about it, and I just finished it for the second time a month ago. Which is the best part of it, it's just as good after you know the puzzles, even better, since you  get the story on it's own.

"An Epic Tale of Crime and Corruption in the Land of the Dead"
Lucasarts should team up with Lucasfilm and Pixar to make the movie.

Do yerself a favor and check out these links:
GrimFandango.net
Official Site

I started playing it a few years back and never finished, it wasn't my copy.  I have always been tempted to find a copy of it and play it now.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Raikus

Quote from: WithnailTHE best game ever produced is Lucasarts' Grim Fandango (Curse of Monkey Island is a close second). This is seriously better than 95% of evert single fantasy movie ever released. I cannot begin to explain the amount of shivers this game gives me.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Grim Fandango is one of the best games made, but for me, the "best game ever produced" (consequently by Lucasarts as well) is Full Throttle. I can't wait until 2 comes out next year.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Find Your Magali

NEON MERCURY

thats cool^^^^^^^^^^ i remeber that

.......i also liked oregon trail......and the first "police quest"...

i 'm old also...I graduated from.... HS in '96.... 8)

Find Your Magali

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi 'm old also...I graduated from.... HS in '96.... 8)

Son, I was already three years out of college by then. Back in my day, we had to walk uphill, both ways, to college classes. In the snow. And we had no shoes, because we sold them to buy season football tickets. And we LIKED it.

GodDamnImDaMan

Christ! I was only out of high school 3 years ago...

you fuckos are older than dirt!!!!!!!!!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

ono

Quote from: aclockworkjjwhat about mega man?

mega man 8 for playstation got me through my junior year of high school.
Megaman 8 was the last great Megaman game.  Trips me out every time I go back and play it again.  I love 'em all, but they got REALLY bad after X3 or X4, and Capcom is really hurting for boss ideas these days.  Plus, the spinoff series besides the X series were crap as well.

Me, I only really play stuff like Megaman, Mario, Donkey Kong, and different RPGs (Suikoden series, Final Fantasy series, Chrono series, EarthBound).  Most new games these days really lack good quality gameplay that's found on NES, SNES, and some PSX games.  I wish I still had a working NES with carts.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI wish I still had a working NES with carts.

..man i lucked out and got one from funcoland...and started building back my collection from the days of my youth....

my favs...on the original nes that i own.:

the phucking original final fantasy.....(numero uno)...
metroid
super marios brothas one& threezelda one & two
hogans alley & duck hunt(btw these shoting games are fun drunk)
star tropics...

DAMN JUST DRAWN A BLANK.......................will post more later......

aclockworkjj

can i talk about arcade games here?  

i was at Shakey's for lunch the other day and run into this:

I own this damn game.  gotta watch out for the hostages tho.  this game is great and i love that it's so old that it only pops up in these really strange places.  like crappy pizza joints.  

see, the trick is to re-load after ever shot.

Weak2ndAct

Love Enforcers!  I usta love goin' 2 gun, Woo-style. *Sniff*, miss the 'ol Genesis.

It seems another super-violent game (or as I like to call them, stress-relievers) from Rockstar is coming out this week.  It's called 'Manhunt.'  The premise: 8MM meets The Running Man.  Kill or be killed, the whole thing is caught on tape and sold on the snuff market.  They've already got my money.

Raikus

Alright, I'm getting a Gamecube tomorrow (with the Zelda games pack) and want everyone's best games for it.

By looking some games up and researching my list so far is:

Zeldo
Super Smash Bros. Medlee
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Eternal Darkness
Metroid Prime
Viewtiful Joe
Pikmin (for the wife)

Any other must haves or ones here that are have nots?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pas

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RaikusAlright, I'm getting a Gamecube tomorrow (with the Zelda games pack) and want everyone's best games for it.

By looking some games up and researching my list so far is:

Zeldo
Super Smash Bros. Medlee
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Eternal Darkness
Metroid Prime
Viewtiful Joe
Pikmin (for the wife)

Any other must haves or ones here that are have nots?

..get the mario party games ..I know it sounds cheesy but ther're ALOT of fun..especially when you have a group of peope playing.... getting loud and drunk.......(#5 should be out soon if not now.)

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pas RapportFallout 2. nuff said

Amen. The most original game since Fallout.

Does anyone have the spine to make non-fantasy RPGs anymore?

Pas

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Pas RapportFallout 2. nuff said

Amen. The most original game since Fallout.

Does anyone have the spine to make non-fantasy RPGs anymore?

Indeed, it would seem so. My only complaint with Fallout is the goddamn turn based thing. I don't really mind it in fantasy style combat, but with guns, stealth and ambushing is so so so important, and almost unaccounted in turn based action.

The rest of the game is perfect to me.