Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

life_boy

Quote from: The WEven on the cover it seems James Cameron is preoccupied with trying to get an Oscar than direct.

Hahaha.  You're right.  This revised cover even has him physically reaching for it.  That's funny.

Quote from: Ravi

Classic.

EDIT-------
Note to Studio Graphic Designers: Try to avoid photos where it appears that prominent figures in the film have pinkie stubs.

Pubrick

on the new cover of the special edition of TITANIC, james cameron, the director of TITANIC, has his arm outstretched as if he is trying to grab the image of the academy award which is placed on the other side of the revised cover of TITANIC. this is funny because titanic won 11 academy awards and at the ceremony james cameron, director of TITANIC, said "i'm the king of the world" and gave the impression that he made the film to win the oscars.

so, as u can see in the above pic, the original joke made my The W, the REVISED revised cover at the bottom of the previous page posted by RegularKarate, and in the above post wherein life_boy highlights the joke using the cover once again to illustrate it, it is funny on several levels.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I call it "teamwork".
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

DavisDVD reports that the UMD version of Old Boy will have deleted scenes not on the DVD  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:

Oldboy  

Championed by Quentin Tarantino as the film of the year at Cannes, Park Chan-Wook's epic of revenge Oldboy will be released on August 23rd. The UMD disc, from Tartan's Asia Extreme line, will feature a 1.85 anamorphic transfer, Korean Dolby Digital Stereo audio and English subtitles. Special features will include the trailer and - get this - deleted scenes not available on the DVD. Retail will be $24.99.

Find Your Magali

Man, that Titanic cover is something else. Could Cameron have more of an ego??

Imagine other DVD special edition covers:

--- Steven Spielberg posing with Amon Goeth
--- George Lucas mugging with Mace Windu and The Emperor
--- Paul Thomas Anderson give stage direction to Rollergirl
--- George Romero hanging out with some zombies.

On DVDs, Mr. Cameron, directors should be heard but not seen!

72teeth

Oct. 18th...

'bout fuckin' time...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Alethia

Rudie Obias

why is the 4 disc TITANIC set only available in europe?  i want answers people!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Ravi

Quote from: rudiecorexxxwhy is the 4 disc TITANIC set only available in europe?  i want answers people!!!

There's a huge thread about this on HTF.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: rudiecorexxxwhy is the 4 disc TITANIC set only available in europe?  i want answers people!!!

Because we've befallen enough tragedy with the hurricane and all.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Showtime's I'M IN PAIN and the cable ACE Award-nominated HBO specials I'M EXHAUSTED and I'M DOOMED

A 90-minute interview is also included.  September 13th.

Alethia

he was on conan last night, quite funny....

Redlum

I've not seen any of Richy boys stand up but I presume (from the title) that there is some kind of history to the "blank from hell" Curb episode?

Oh and does anyone know what happened to the Midnight Cowboy and All the Presidents Men SE's?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

mogwai

just wanted to say that the new gladitor special edition is so good. the audio commentary is informative and entertaining. the only beef is that russel crowe sometimes interupts ridley scott. the extra material on the other discs is also good. especially the featurette about oliver reed.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ®edlumOh and does anyone know what happened to the Midnight Cowboy and All the Presidents Men SE's?

I think Midnight Cowboy is held up since MGM is no more and Sony has taken over their titles. President's Men is due out in 2006. The reveal of Deep Throat has sped up the production.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks