David Lynch on Jay Leno

Started by filmcritic, June 23, 2003, 08:52:57 PM

filmcritic

I found a David Lynch interview from back in 2001 with Jay Leno discussing "Mulholland Drive". It's a really interesting interview and it really shows how private Lynch is as a person.

You can see it here...

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

meatwad

that seems weird that they had lynch on the show. They usually don't have director's on talk shows. The only other one i can remember from recent years is scorsesse

Sleuth

Leno is so annoying and his audience eats it all up.  I bet Lynch hated doing that
I like to hug dogs

Duck Sauce

Quote from: tremoloslothLeno is so annoying and his audience eats it all up.  I bet Lynch hated doing that

true. you know him so well

Sleuth

That's exactly what I said.  I said I know Lynch hated doing that, I know him well and he told afterwards "Tremolosloth, I hated doing that."
I like to hug dogs

filmcritic

Well, if you looked carefully at Lynch, he did look a little uncomfortable. He was acting like "Okay, Leno, I'm gonna let you do what your job is requires of you and then I'm gonna leave".
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Pas

Thanks for sharing that discovery ! I like the interview :-) While Harisson Ford's dislike of interviews on late shows seem forced and is disrespectful, Lynch is able to stay calm and true to himself. Love the man.

Sleuth

I've only seen Ford on The Daily Show and Conan, and he seemed fine on the Daily Show.  The Conan thing is probably a schtick (that's what he was telling me for sure, Duck)
I like to hug dogs

picolas

Quote from: mogwaiHarrison Ford is so boring, especially when he tries to be funny at Dave Letterman.

his interview on the Daily Show was one of the best i've ever seen. especially when he yelled "GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!"

colbent

somebody recently put up two earlier leno interveiws on youtube

promoting on the air
promoting fire walk with me

A Matter Of Chance

This is so late, but that Lynch on Leno is hilarious. Leno is flailing his arms around and his head is bobbing back and forth and he's grabbing David's shoulder and Lych is just sitting there, still and static. You can almost see the line.