Started by MacGuffin, March 27, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

New Feeling

I would go down on a lawman for a copy of this script right now

Stefen

Quote from: theyarelegion on May 04, 2011, 02:15:22 PM
Quote from: New Feeling on May 02, 2011, 11:04:20 PM
I would go down on a lawman for a copy of this script right now

http://hotfile.com/dl/116661269/f0d82aa/Django_Unchained_TARANTINO.pdf.html

I can't get that to download for shit. Either the captcha is wrong or it tells me my download expired. Eff this.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

New Feeling

yeah this isn't working for me either

New Feeling

oh fuck yeah I figured it out.  Thanks a bunch

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

It was probably just busy earlier Stefen, because I 'figured it out' right now too.  I clicked appropriate links and the file downloaded.

It may even be real.  Seems like it would've been hard to fake this soon but maybe some name changes on a script already done?   It's the right page length and it's written in a style similar to QT's previously published scripts.  You can't tell on the Internet these days, though, can you?  

PS I'll e-mail you it or whatever if it still doesn't work for you.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Stefen

Figure it out? What are you guys talking about? Just tell me. I don't have time to solve a riddle. I have to get to softball practice!  :yabbse-angry: :yabbse-angry: :yabbse-angry:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

I was teasing the other person.  I just clicked download.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Stefen

It worked now. Good.

How real do we take it?

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

It seems pretty real.  There are a lot of fucks and niggers, a character named Eskimo Joe, QT logic and narrative devices, references to Rocky and Flashdance, etc.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Stefen I just found your description (of course QT would spell your name wrong):

"Who's STEPHEN?  Stephen is a very old black man, who with his bald pate, and tufts of white curly hair on the sides, looks like a character out of Dickens - if Dickens wrote about House Niggers in the Antebellum South.

Stephen has been Calvin's slave since he was a little boy.  And in (almost) every way is the 2nd most powerful person at Candyland.  Like the characters Basil Rathbone would play in swashbucklers, evil, scheming, intriguing men, always trying to influence and manipulate power for their own self interest.  Well that described Stephen to a tee."

If this isn't a real QT script it should still be made.

Stefen

Reel

who do you think should play Django, guys? An unknown? Maybe the black guy from Basterds?

wouldn't you be pissed if you're script was online like a week after you wrote it? I'm sure a lot of us would do it voluntarily (except for socketlevel, of course), but when you're a big name director, that shit is spoilertastic! I guess it creates good buzz tho, most of the moviegoing public don't give a fuck about a screenplay, and it all comes down to the director's vision in the end, anyways.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Quote from: Reelist on May 04, 2011, 04:12:35 PM
who do you think should play Django, guys? An unknown? Maybe the black guy from Basterds?

Jacky Ido?  He's African French.  Ideal for the Basterds role, but he'd have to be a really great actor to pull off this Django.  Another handicap is that he isn't well-known or bankable.  Seems unlikely.  I don't think QT will cast an unknown, but like always an unexpected.

Except I agree with others Dr. Schultz seems tailored for Christoph Waltz.

And I'll eat my hat if this isn't the real deal script.

New Feeling

yeah I am only 14 pages in, but there is no doubt that this is legit and Christoph Waltz better be in it