Trey Parker

Started by puddnanners, July 31, 2003, 04:59:17 PM

puddnanners

I know that the man isn't really an auteur or anything, but it seems that this guy can't help but put out gold nuggets everytime he tries anything.   Has anybody seen his early shorts, like American History or Your Studio and You?  They are comic masterpieces.  All of his features are fantastic (i have never laughed more in a movie theater than when I saw South Park: BLU) and the man has got to be one of the most prolific television writer/directors ever, considering he has (co)written/directed every episode of SP, with not a single poor episode to his name.  I would really like to see him do another live action full length feature after SP is done, cause it would be sweet.  Basically, I'm just saying that he is one of my Gods, and he is comedy+genius.

Cecil

cannibal: the musical was really funny

subversiveproductions

"dude."
"dude"
"duuude."
"DUDE."
"i see your point."

magic, pure magic.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

SoNowThen

Parker is indeed a God among men. A personal hero of mine.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sal

His shorts were hilarious.  We watched them here at CU, where he attended.

lamas

I just read that Orgazmo is finally coming out on DVD.  I've been waiting for that one.  Possibly the funniest movie ever.

BrainSushi

His next film project is, supposedly, a live-action movie called Team America, and the film will star... marionettes. He and Matt Stone say they're tired of movies jampacked with crappy CGI and such, so they decided to go Thunderbirds-style.

As much as I love South Park, I can't wait for the series to be over just so Trey can make more movies (Troma style) becuase his films are freakin' awesome.

soixante

Orgazmo is indeed a comedy classic, as is South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.  Parker is a great writer, director, actor, voiceover artist, and he writes great showtunes, too.  Nobody since Orson Welles has been this multi-talented.
Music is your best entertainment value.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: lamasI just read that Orgazmo is finally coming out on DVD.  I've been waiting for that one.  Possibly the funniest movie ever.

I love Orgazmo! I remember first hearing about that movie from a friend who told me there was a Depeche Mode reference in it (i'm the biggest Depeche Mode fan you'll ever meet)... and I loved that movie for so many reasons!

Of course Trey and Matt would have never gotten their break if it weren't for Troma! Troma rocks too!

Nick

cine

Quote from: lamas
Of course Trey and Matt would have never gotten their break if it weren't for Troma!
Nick

Yeah, 'Cannibal! the Musical' was hilarious. I think my favourite scene in the whole movie was when one of the friends was dead and just lying there.. and I think it was Parker's character who says that he looks so lively like he's just about to sing.. and the camera zooms in with music fading in on the soundtrack.. and then it just cuts to them talking again and the whole concept of him coming back to life is dropped like a dead... well, person. Really funny scene. And I love the "Let's Build a Snowman" song and "It's a shpadoinkle day!" intro song.

Oh, and I went to that Orgazmo site.. loved the "Stunt Cock!" line repeated over and over. I also loved the Star Wars Flash Rap on the Special Edition link... "I'm yo' father... I'm yo' father"

MacGuffin

At long last, the Orgazmo: Special Edition will street on 2/15/2005 (SRP $19.98 ) in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 2.0 audio.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

I thought Cannibal: The Musical was awful.  I also hope the Orson Welles comment was a joke.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffinAt long last, the Orgazmo: Special Edition will street on 2/15/2005 (SRP $19.98 ) in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 2.0 audio.

In a pared down 1-disc edition, though.  Oh well.

FeloniousFunk

MacGuffin

A few details on what you can expect on Universal's Orgazmo: Extended/Unrated Special Edition (due on 2/15/05 - SRP $19.98 ). The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo audio. Extras will include over an hour of outtakes and deleted scenes, The Book of Orgazmo documentary, no less than three audio commentary tracks with the cast and crew (including a drunken commentary and a special appearance by Kevin Smith), and more.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks