over rated??????

Started by socketlevel, July 27, 2004, 02:00:37 AM

socketlevel

so i'm searching through the site, and it's been a while.  As i venture through I see the xixax.com banner on the top (which we've all seen a million times but i always find funny, but then again I'm drunk right now so bare with me) and usually it has some good slogans beside the movie pic (my personal fave is "we use full screen dvds as coasters," I know total geek but loved it).  So i don't understand when all of a sudden i see "over rated" next to "they live."  A sci-fi classic in it's day of shitty 80s films.  like romero, carpenter was able to blend shlock with political comentary (shame on you xixax programer, whom ever you are).  it's surprising because xixax has never made such a direct attack on a film before.  what's up with this, I'm always open for debate, so bring it on!!!

Then, and i'll probably get some other people with me here, i see the same caption for "boogie nights."  What the fuck?  didn't this site start because of a pta message board?  It's his best film for god's sake!  did someone hack into this site or something?  I don't get it.  Please explain.  if this is true, please give me your worst and i'll take you on.  I love both of these films, and it's hard to imagine a general executive decision at XIXAX to bash them.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

The screen caps and the marquee quotes are at random and independent of each other. Keep hitting 'refresh' and it may coincide with something you agree with.

And this is in the Directors Forum because.....?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

HAHAHAHAHHA. What a freaking IDIOT. hahahaha

hahahhaha ah
who likes movies anyway

cine

Can this thread be deleted now?

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

cine

samsong

Just Withnail

Quote from: CinephileCan this thread be deleted now?

Isn't it a xixax rule that we're allowed to have fun in stupid threads before they're locked?

RegularKarate

socketlevel

i will say that i was very drunk last night.  i read my message and laughed out loud in shame.  

however, the fanboy responses that scream "I'm such a loser" are even more pathetic then the original message.  There is one difference.   They were, more then likely, sober minded replies.  way to get those posts up boys!

anyway, thanks for the clear up on how the banner works.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

picolas