songs written about jeff buckley's death

Started by pookiethecat, October 16, 2003, 01:41:40 AM

pookiethecat

i know there were a bunch of songs written by notable artists after this great singer-songwriter's tragic death.  

i've heard pj harvey's "memphis" which is probably the saddest song I've ever listened to.  

and i know chris cornell recorded one.  what were some of the others?

thanks.  i know this topic is esoteric as i'm sure not many of you know who buckley is period.  but if anyone could help a cat out, that'd be sweet.

thanks,
pookie
i wanna lick 'em.

Sleuth

There's a portion of a lyric from Badly Drawn Boy - You Were Right that mentions his death...if I remember correctly....
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

memphis is such a good song!

Well I wish I had given you more time
To say thank you
My beautiful friend

But sometimes you gotta send it away
To bring it
To bring it back again

But oh what a way to go
So peaceful
He's smiling

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

pookiethecat

thanks for the list, macguffin.  

isn't memphis just a wonderfully powerful song?  
i find it interesting that she uses the words "my beautiful friend" as that was a vital lyric in buckley's "morning theft" from his posthumous release sketches from my sweetheart the drunk.  had she heard the song or was it a strange coincidence?  there's so much intrigue to buckley and his death. someday i need to really immerse myself in it.
i wanna lick 'em.