PTA DVD Project?

Started by depooter, April 11, 2003, 07:18:18 PM

sphinx

Quote from: depooterI have all the pta music videos on DVD from PTA. He told me many years ago to share, share, share, but that was before dvd-burners were widespread. Let's do this first and if it works out, we can do a copy of my music video dvd.....

you said that on the old boards and then everyone was like 'hey where are the music video dvds now it's been a year' and i was like oh it's coming quite soon and cj was like what? and i was like jus' feedin' the dogs, seejay and he was like you so crazah, sphinx

this time you actually will get them, kiddies

Camel Lights

this kind of generous, altruistic gesture reminds me of the good old days of the net, before the bigwigs got involved.

long live fandom.

:turn-l:

Jon

man...if I could have the music videos on DVD...ah...

bonanzataz

paaaah, for the past week and a half i've been trying to get all the pta music videos onto dvd. it's just not working out for me. i got fiona's across the universe from the pleasantville dvd, save me from the magnolia dvd, try from the boogie nights dvd, here we go from the pdl sdtrck, and limp, paper bag, and fast as you can from the european paper bag single. the last three are in pal format and not as high quality as the others since they're only mpeg-1 (here we go is also not as high quality and is a mov file). this shit's impossible. I'm about to give up. is it worth it to keep on going, or should i just wait until forever to get greg's dvd?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Could we please include the "Boogie Nights" trailer(s)?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aurora

I've got it... but it ain't the best quality

Still very watchable

I used to have the VOB but I deleted it :(

Duck Sauce

I think I speak for everyone when I ask; will the widescreen parts be anamorphic?

aurora

Depends on the source doesn't it?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetOK, since I find a terrible hate for the girl off Hot Ticket, name not worth saying, I am really wanting to see her review of Magnolia. She fucking called Secretary one of the most original movies she had ever seen. This may not work, but can one contact the production company of Ebert's show and ask to buy this specific episode on vhs? I think they do this for like $30 or something. It would be worth it.

~rougerum

It really is great... She keeps whining, "it doesn't make sense!" and Ebert keeps saying "YES IT DOES and THIS IS WHY" and she says "But the frogs!" and Ebert says "yes, this is why the frogs" and she says "I don't get it" and Ebert cries in frustration. Great stuff.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: DionySuSDepends on the source doesn't it?

Cant you make letterboxed into anamorphic by cropping it somehow?

Gold Trumpet

Holy shit JB, I remember seeing that when it originally aired. I completely forgot about it until now because I only watched it once. I remember thinking, even way back then when just getting into movies, "Fuck, she had the mind of a 9th grader in understanding movies. Even I know what it means." It was truly sweet and she needs to be shot in the foot and restricted from covering the wound only to die a terrible death as the foot ever so slowly bleeds to death. God will forbid her entrance into Heaven by saying this, "What the fuck? You didn't get the meaning of the frogs in Magnolia? Didn't you read the bible!?"

A sense of happiness has come over me now.

~rougerum

berserker37

In the word's of Krusty's classic bit:

"Me Wantee!"

It'd be great to include "Cigarettes and Coffee" and the original "Dirk Diggler" project he did; think he'll ever release those for public consumption?

sphinx

Quote from: berserker37It'd be great to include "Cigarettes and Coffee" and the original "Dirk Diggler" project he did; think he'll ever release those for public consumption?

not a chance...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetHoly shit JB, I remember seeing that when it originally aired. I completely forgot about it until now because I only watched it once. I remember thinking, even way back then when just getting into movies, "Fuck, she had the mind of a 9th grader in understanding movies. Even I know what it means." It was truly sweet and she needs to be shot in the foot and restricted from covering the wound only to die a terrible death as the foot ever so slowly bleeds to death. God will forbid her entrance into Heaven by saying this, "What the fuck? You didn't get the meaning of the frogs in Magnolia? Didn't you read the bible!?"

A sense of happiness has come over me now.

~rougerum

:)

I've only heard it on the internet, and I would love to see it. Someone crack the archives!

bonanzataz

well, i successfully made the music videos dvd. turned out pretty cool. used idvd2 to make moving menus... pretty snazzy, eh?

is this interview/clip disc happening or what?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls