PTA DVD Project?

Started by depooter, April 11, 2003, 07:18:18 PM

SoNowThen

Please Please Please can I get a copy of this??
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Girlonthemoon

Nice one Greg! It's a fantastic idea!!!
Hud at ya blades...

Jake_82

Sounds like a fantastic idea!
your reality is at the end of your dream

Jeremy Blackman

PLEASE FIND THE EBERT & THE MOVIES MAGNOLIA CLIP[/size]

That would be great to have on the DVD... it's the best one ever, too... Ebert squaring off with Joyce Kulhawik. I used to listen to the ram file all the time, until it was pulled from the site. Someone PLEASE find that. PLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEE.

Sleuth

Who does Joyce Kulhawik write for?
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: tremoloslothWho does Joyce Kulhawik write for?

I found this little bio:

http://www.bmv.org/bios/soloists/joyce-kulhawik.html

But she's soooo annoying, I can't describe it, everything she says about Magnolia belongs here.

Sleuth

Ohhhh, that idiot from Hot Ticket (not Maltin)
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

I have digital copies of all the PTA music videos that I bought legally. none are kazaa downloads or anything like that. i've been trying to make a dvd of them, but it's tough because iDVD doesn't like mpg files. if you guys decide you do want to use them, i could send them to sphinx or greg or somebody.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

Quote from: bonanzatazI have digital copies of all the PTA music videos that I bought legally. none are kazaa downloads or anything like that. i've been trying to make a dvd of them, but it's tough because iDVD doesn't like mpg files. if you guys decide you do want to use them, i could send them to sphinx or greg or somebody.

what format do you have them in?  as long as it's not PAL, i can import it with a DV signal and convert it into whatever quality/format you guys want

depooter

I have all the pta music videos on DVD from PTA. He told me many years ago to share, share, share, but that was before dvd-burners were widespread. Let's do this first and if it works out, we can do a copy of my music video dvd.....

Cecil

greg, i wanna kiss you

:kiss:

Girlonthemoon

Hud at ya blades...

Jeremy Blackman

I'm guessing the music videos from the DVD will be better quality than the mpegs that have been floating around.. mmmmm....

Victor

hasnt pta been on charlie rose like 3 times? i dont like rose, but still, i want to see anything you can find. greg you are such the man. if i was your wife id jump you.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Gold Trumpet

OK, since I find a terrible hate for the girl off Hot Ticket, name not worth saying, I am really wanting to see her review of Magnolia. She fucking called Secretary one of the most original movies she had ever seen. This may not work, but can one contact the production company of Ebert's show and ask to buy this specific episode on vhs? I think they do this for like $30 or something. It would be worth it.

~rougerum