PTA DVD Project?

Started by depooter, April 11, 2003, 07:18:18 PM

depooter

Is it time we put together a compilation of interesting PTA related interviews, etc for posterity on DVD?! I'm not talking about PTA sensitive copyrighted stuff like shorts and music videos, but I am talking about the things I have (listed below). If we can find someone trustworthy to helm the project and DVD preparation, then I'm willing to lend my VHS stuff. I'm sure others here can add to the collection.....let me know your thoughts.

Indepedent Focus with PTA
Charlie Rose - Interview 10/30/97
PDL Press Conference - PTA and Sandler - Toronto Film Fest
SNL FANatic (I think this would be OK since it's on TV all the time)
Charlie Rose - Magnolia era interview with PTA
VH1 Special: Magnolia - Hollywood & Vinyl
PTA - Conan appearance - Magnolia era.

I'm sure you guys have more you can add.

I also have PTA related stuff on vhs like:
Julianne Moore - Regis
Aimee Mann - Save Me - Leno
Macy - Craig Kilborne
Aimee Mann - Craig Kilborne
Etc.

Thanks
Greg
www.ptanderson.com
www.theuncool.com

Ernie

That would be awesome...I'd definitely buy a copy.

I've always wanted to see the SNL thing...and I never even knew he was on Conan, I must see that.

Anyway, I guess we should do some of the Cannes interviews...those were awesome. Don't have any links or anything.

sphinx

i can easily convert things to digital directly from tv at broadcast quality, and can also transfer VHS tapes to digital, and from there i can upload them somewhere so whoever is compiling all this stuff into a dvd can use it.  if these things are running on tv at any time in the future, i'll capture it live and you'll have a broadcast quality 1st generation version on the dvd, not a 2nd generation vhs version.

i tested it out with the simpsons and this is the kind of quality I got.

depooter

Quote from: sphinxi can easily convert things to digital directly from tv at broadcast quality, and can also transfer VHS tapes to digital, and from there i can upload them somewhere so whoever is compiling all this stuff into a dvd can use it.  if these things are running on tv at any time in the future, i'll capture it live and you'll have a broadcast quality 1st generation version on the dvd, not a 2nd generation vhs version.

Sounds good. Do you have any PTA stuff like Independent Focus 1st generation?

Gold Trumpet

Count me in on buying one of these for sure

~rougerum

depooter

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCount me in on buying one of these for sure

~rougerum

Not a thing to sell, a thing to share. I think if we can find someone to do it well and cheap, we can probably do it for postage and the cost of burning the DVD-R.....

Duck Sauce

Greg, do you ever stop giving?

Great idea. So ambitious

RegularKarate

Have a burner and DVD Studio Pro... be willing to help out... don't know if I would be able to handle all the authoring, but would be willing to help out however I can.

sphinx

Quote from: depooterSounds good. Do you have any PTA stuff like Independent Focus 1st generation?

i used to have charlie rose 1st generation but i had to get rid of it.  if any pta stuff comes on tv anytime soon, you gotta let me know asap

MacGuffin

I have the PTA/Sandler on Charlie Rose, the 12 minute featurette that aired on Bravo and the Independent Focus episodes, all 1st generation, but they were taped in EP mode. If no one has better copies, let me know.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffinI have the PTA/Sandler on Charlie Rose and the Independent Focus episodes, both 1st generation, but they were taped in EP mode. If no one has better copies, let me know.

if you taped them on VHS, they're 2nd generation

MacGuffin

:oops:  Okay, well, if all else fails, let me know.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Will this DVD have menus?

Redlum

Quote from: Duck SauceWill this DVD have menus?

LOL. Very Reed Rothchild-like question.

Will this DVD have menus? / Do you have his address?

Great idea. I'd love to see the SNL sketch seeing as we dont get that show here.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Jon