register button on xixax.com

Started by Tommy Both, March 11, 2004, 02:58:37 PM

Tommy Both

Word up guys.
I've got a techincal question 'bout xixax.com and how to register as a new member. This friend tells me it's not possible to click on the register button on the main page of our forum. I didn't get it, she said: you can't click on it. So I was in the neighbourhood and dropped by. She was right. On her iMac with internet explorer - nothin'  new or fancy but definately nothin' stoneage - you are not able to click on any button on the main menu if you are not LOGGED IN. So, I hope the management/adminstrators or anyone from the xixax crew can take a look at this weird situation. Maybe this computer is just freaky but I know you CANNOT click on any menu link on the xixax.com main page if you are new/not a member and want to REGISTER!

Thanks

-Tommy

Ill check for a reply tomorrow. Hope it's nottin' , all right gotta go, busy making movies!! xixax 4 life

MacGuffin

Maybe one of the other admins can chime in and explain it better, but it has something to do with IE on Macs. Other members experienced the same problems in trying to retrieve messages from their PM box. What's been suggested is downloading the Safari Web Browser (here) and using that when surfing xixax.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

It's not just you.

If you're using 10.2 or later, download Safari now and never touch IE again. If you're using OS 9 or 10.1, you would have to use something like Netscape or Opera.

IE probably has trouble reading that complex area of the page and probably just drops the links altogether.

edit:

Quote from: XixaxIt's a bug in IE, specifically having to do with CSS and how I have the "feature" marquee overlapping the text area below it.