Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

SiliasRuby

I don't care what none of yall muthafuckas say, I'm looking forward to this....

Okay enough of my Samuel L. Jackson impersonation.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

That's just a teaser trailer. It gives a taste. I still think it looks like fun.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

It's starting to look like Eli Roth has been too big of an influence on Quentin Tarantino, rather than the other way around.
My house, my rules, my coffee

md

oh god that last line of dialogue is bad...so bad even Pitt knows it.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©brad on February 11, 2009, 04:21:19 PM
I know it's only one clip of him, but Brad Pitt is lacking some much needed gravitas and bite. I feel like that last scalp line should have goosebumped me silly, but I felt nothing.

In the script, it came off as what you wanted.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I also remember getting super excited with the Kill Bill teaser and for a reason. The music, the visuals, the action sequences, the colors, the characters, everything made it look very cool. I remember how awesome that was and its been years. This one I forgot it already, and it made me feel nothing.

Check out the KB trailer here so you remember what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYGQZQKb7k

Still, I hope that teaser is just bullshit but the final thing will be awesome. We'll see...

Gold Trumpet

The Kill Bill teaser is more of a full length trailer. It shows numerous things that happen in the film. The only difference is that the scenes are shortened in length so it looks like a teaser, but no teaser gives away that much of the film. I saw most of the coolest moments in the film in that trailer.

With Basterds I saw just a few action sequences on top of the one scene it focused on. I think Tarantino finally made a teaser trailer here.

picolas

Quote from: polkablues on February 11, 2009, 11:22:07 PM
It's starting to look like Eli Roth has been too big of an influence on Quentin Tarantino, rather than the other way around.
yes. i cannot stand the sight of him. and the absurdly generic rock music?? whuut? the final line is so odd. i don't know whether to blame tarantino or pitt... but i'm sure tarantino saw that as the big final trailer line (alright?!) when he wrote it, then he shot it and stubbornly clung to it despite it clearly being awkward.

Gold Trumpet

One thing I will say is that I'm not sure about the casting of Brad Pitt. If he's meant to play tough, intimidating and all around bad ass, it may not work for him. He reminds me of Colin Farrell in that he has a macho physicality, but it's seared with a little goofiness. Pitt epitomized Achilles in Troy, but mainly because he epitomized the look and didn't have too many lines outside of the bland. He also did well in Fight Club for the purpose of his role, but the look worked for him and he was mainly relegated to a supporting role. Tarantino will make him carry more intricate dialogue and make him make more bizarre things come off as cool and tough.

private witt

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on February 12, 2009, 01:17:36 AM
One thing I will say is that I'm not sure about the casting of Brad Pitt.

That's one sentence you will never hear an executive producer utter.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Sleepless

It's Tarantino. It is what it is. I'm interested in seeing him do a non-contemporary piece. Having read the script a while back I don't remember everything absolutely, but like all QT this is going to be an exercise in style over substance. It may not be great art, but it sure as hell will be entertaining.

The thing that bugs me is that they're sticking with the clumsy misspelling. Why?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pas

Oh god this looks like utter crap. Hopefully it will be extremely bad and Brad Pitt won't kill my new moustache look. Fucking asshole.

modage

IN THE YEAR 2009
BRAD PITT WILL
KILL HITLER
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

it looks fun enough.  the biggest problem is how exploitative it is, once I get over it I think I'll enjoy it.  it doesn't look much like a "war movie" though.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

I just want it to be good. Not just fun, but good. I mean, shitty movies can be fun. Tarantino seems to just be coasting along trying to be cool. It doesn't help that he seems to have his penis parked inside Eli Roth.

I want it to be good.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.