KILL BILL BOOTLEG TRAILER

Started by finlayr, September 27, 2003, 10:57:44 PM

finlayr

2 Questions: (first being most important):

(1) Just saw the Tarantino Bootleg Trailer for Kill William and I mean, jaaayyyysssuuusss!!!  It's  bleeedin excellent!  Oh my God!  It looks awesome!  BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THAT REALLY COOL PIECE OF MUSIC IS THAT PLAYS OVER THE TRAILER, STARTING AT THE PART WHERE THE TITLE CARD READS: 'THE NEW MOVIE BY QT'????  It totally rules and kicks bottom!

(2) Why exactly is called 'Bootleg'?  What does bootleg mean?  I'm guessing it has nothing to do with wearing boots or legs or anything??

No really, what IS THAT PIECE OF COOLNESS THAT PLAYS OVER THE TRAILER??  I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know..
Filmmaker

Cecil

kill william ahahahhahahahahaha

Ghostboy

I'm picking the CD up tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I can figure it out, unless someone else does beforehand. As for the term bootleg...its a term for an unofficial (and often illegal) version of something. Like if you buy a copy of a movie before it's released, or a CD, that would be a bootleg. As for the etymologistics of the word...hold one while I look it up...okay, it comes from back in the day when people would smuggle bottles of liquor in their boots. Makes sense.

Cecil

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Cecil

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

MacGuffin

Bootleg Trailer #1 here.

Bootleg Trailer #2 here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

I dunno but the soundtrack just came out.  and that song was in the movie too.
(still gloating about how I saw the unrated version of the film, yes.)

oh in the second bootleg trailer the song is please don't let me be misunderstood by santa esmeralda.  which is played during a badass showdown moment, you'll see it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

hotei tomoyasu - shin jingi-naki tatakai

I found that on a site called xixax

QT forum
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAA
AAAAA

Alethia

pete

Quote from: tremoloslothhotei tomoyasu - shin jingi-naki tatakai

I found that on a site called xixax

QT forum

he meant the bootleg trailer.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

rustinglass

why can I only see five seconds of each trailer?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

finlayr

I think it's from a Sergio Leone film or something, it's definitely not on the soundtrack...

And does anyone know what happened to LARS ULRICH AND ENNIO MORRICONE doing music for the film????  Will there be another soundtrack released for Volume 2 and is there going to be a score???
Filmmaker