Been making videos for youtube, but....

Started by Neil, May 17, 2010, 10:37:10 AM

Neil

The audio and video doesn't sync up, just wondering if anyone knew how I can prevent this.

I'm recording from my web cam on a mac book pro with a couple condenser mics that are running through a mobile pre amp? After I clock record a video from webcam on youtube, the neva dinova songs all lag. as well as others.

Any tips?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reinhold

if you're not getting video and audio from the same source, that's probably your issue. for example the sample rate of your audio might differ from your sequence settings or video clip settings, say if it has 48khz scratch audio and your USB mics are recording 44.1khz or vice-versa.

is it a consistent drift-- just a lag that can be cleaned up by making one cut and moving stuff over-- or is it the type of thing that drifts more over time? if it's drifting more over time, calculate how much it's lagging over time and look for a solution from there online. and then figure out whether you're dropping a frame that you shouldn't be dropping (NDF/DF timecode)

also, try clocking some sticks using just your webcam without the mics, and then with your mics. do you have an electronic metronome that blinks when it beeps?

i assume you've already tried googling the exact model numbers of the mics you're using, and have checked your recording settings/prefs for a delay or preroll setting.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Neil

yeah, i'm running through this cheap pre amp, I am not sure it's the mics, but you're right, i'm using the camera on my macbook and the pre amp with two condenser mics separately.

I took 2 takes at it.  I think i could probably download the audio and re align it that way. It isn't off by much, i just wonder if there are settings I can change like you're suggesting.  Thanks!!

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reinhold

why are you recording directly to youtube? it would be better to do it locally for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that you wouldn't have to have it wrong online.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

Google uploaded video on youtube audio doesn't sync.

I did and I've been boycotting YouTube for 3 years since Ravi told me they steal my stuff and realized you're probably having a codec problem.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.