work

Started by Alethia, July 06, 2003, 11:10:46 AM

Alethia

imagine my surpsise when, whilst i was working today, scanning groceries, the noise dies down due to their not being many customers, and what comes over the loud speakers? -- the one and only CLEMENTINE'S LOOP.  i don't quite understand why or how, but it made my day nonetheless.  people were walking around, stopping dead in their tracks, looking up and saying "what the fuck is that?", it was great.

i dont expect much by way of replies, but i just thought id share it with ya's anyway.

Pubrick

how bout an explanation.. does ur store regularly start making reverse bell noises on loudspeaker?

it's just a really bizarre story that makes no sense.
under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

Are you sure it was the clementine loop and not just something you thought or made sound like it?

Jeremy Blackman

Miracles happen.

Pozer

y'know what, I swear there's some other old bell toll thing that resembles it a bit. No clue by whom or from what time or anything, but I've always thought that it sounded like this older piece.
unless I dreamt this. that happens a lot.

filmcritic

Wow! That's great! What store was it? You know, I've never heard an Aimee Mann song on the radio before. I've only heard "Save Me" in a stop-and-go place before but that's it.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Xixax

An old boss of mine used to do a ton of VO work for radio, and I remember going to Wal Mart on vacation one time in another state and hearing his voice coming over the in-house radio.

I was like "damn, I'm on vacation!"

As for the loop, I don't buy it. I'll bet it was mistaken identity.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

did you see a optigan lying arround the store anywhere?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Alethia

i dont believe it was mistaken identity..............i do have it downloaded and am quite familiar with it.  cant really explain further but shit happens.  perhaps a fellow pta fan works there that i dont know about and felt like having fun.  who knows.