There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Stefen

You know that now a bunch of people who don't even care about PTA's movies are going to show up just for a chance to see a movie early. They don't care what movie it is, they just want to brag that they saw a movie before it opened "Oh, that movie. I saw it months ago at an early screening. It sucked. It was soooo boring"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

modge may hav scored a point here.  or at least half a point for those who HAD tickets.

http://www.cigarettesandredvines.com/news/

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefen on October 24, 2007, 03:31:51 PM
You know that now a bunch of people who don't even care about PTA's movies are going to show up just for a chance to see a movie early. They don't care what movie it is, they just want to brag that they saw a movie before it opened "Oh, that movie. I saw it months ago at an early screening. It sucked. It was soooo boring"

They'll be wearing the IMDB bowling shirts.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

yes free screenings are the worst.  there are douchebags who show up HOURS and HOURS early just because they ONLY see free screenings.  this could leave PT fans in the cold. 

modage:  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 24, 2007, 03:35:58 PM

Yup. And they compare EVERY action movie to Gladiator, and EVERY comedy to Office Space, and EVERY drama to random Ron Howard movies. "Eh, I don't know, it just wasn't as realistic as A Beautiful Mind"

"The Missing is a WAY better western than I Want Blood"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

at least there'll be a lot of new material for the "Stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie" thread.

bluejaytwist

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 24, 2007, 03:35:58 PM

tears of lol's sir. well played.

pea ess: the site has been updated again with further info should you all require it
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

modage

Quote from: bluejaytwist on October 24, 2007, 05:32:36 PM
pea ess: the site has been updated again with further info should you all require it

just one final bit: when is the nyc screening?  :(
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

ah, lining up starts at 1pm.  is this gonna work?  I have a feeling I might end up roaming the streets of castro for love come 7pm.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

B.C. Long

Quote from: cnc on October 24, 2007, 07:56:17 PM
the box office will be open at 1pm for the 7pm screening

Does that mean we can buy tickets at 1? or we can show up at 1?

Stefen

pete

I think "box office will be open" means they'll be selling tickets. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

bluejaytwist

cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

SiliasRuby

Looks like I'm going to modesto, my hometown, the day before to get there early. Modesto is an hour south east from frisco. Okay. I'm feeling a bit better.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection