I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT HENRY - Short Film

Started by matt35mm, March 24, 2012, 03:59:47 PM

matt35mm

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it!

I'll be trying to watch as many films as I can while I'm there. Lots of stuff that I'm excited about.

InTylerWeTrust

I know I'm late but damn, that was excellent. Probably the greatest acting I've ever seen in a 6 minute short film. Where did you find those girls? Friends of yours or are they real actresses? They were really really good.

Also loving the PTA-esque camera moves. Did you have a dolly track or how did you do those?

P.S: I'm about to shoot my first short film pretty soon. Got any tips?   
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

matt35mm

Whoops, sorry I'm late with responding to this.

Very glad you enjoyed it. We made this really quickly as a warm-up for another short film that I'm finishing up now, which has now warmed me up for a feature that I will be making soon.

I met the two actresses on the set of my friend's movie. They're longtime friends of each other and very close, so I wanted to take advantage of that, which I do in the next short film that also features these two girls.

Yeah I have a homemade dolly thing that we used. This movie is slick in a way that my next movies won't be, just because those movies demand something different, but it was fun to do and it makes the movie more fun to watch. I didn't really think about PTA or anything; the camera moves were just sorta intuitively done.

As far as tips, I don't know. My best suggestion is to make a lot of films. Do your best with each one but once it's done, move straight into the next one. Try to find that balance between not being too precious but not letting yourself be lazy with the quality. Anyway, good luck!